sachs timing with CDI

Any suggestions on how to set the timing on a sachs 504 with a motoplat flywheel? I just put a CDI on and I'm getting a killer spark, but can't turn it over. The stator plate only moves about 1cm in either direction and neither works.

Re: sachs timing with CDI

was your bike running with points before???

I do not own a Sachs, nor do I have any experience with CDI ignitions. I merely clicked because your name was "titties".

was running with points & condensor before. Just got a CDI and am trying to get it to work.

got spark, got gas. Won't start, not even a sputter. The only thing I can think of is that the timing is off.

Do a search for "Sachs CDI" or something like that. There are a couple of old threads about this. I think very few had any luck getting this to work.

Give us more info about the CDI... and pictures always help.

Flip the coil part inside the magneto and mount it backwards, running the wires around and under the coil. Seriously.

OK. 1977 sent me a new coil. I put it in backwards with wires wrapping around the back. Bike fires up on the first kick every time, runs like a fucking champ. But now, NO LIGHTS!!! Is the new coil shorting out the coil for the lights? All the connections are good. Any suggestions?

Lighting coil is seperate from ignition/cdi. Id check the grounds to the light.

im getting rid of my sachs cdi.

YAY POINTS!!!! :)

Good job posting that pick of your setup Erin.

UGH.

*****that's the real reason she's ditching the one working set up.******

mine's not working. i used to think i had a clutch problem... then i realized it's most likely not timed right.

Won't normal ways of setting the timing work? have you used a timing light to see when it's happening? The indicators for the points set up should still be there, and if you have anything that mounts the pick up with an oval hole it's adjustable.

Guess it's one of those sitting in front of you problems.

Well it sounds like shermans setup is working?

So I resoldered the ground to the lights and it works fine. Runs like a champ! Starts on the first kick, and I can light a cig off the spark. I posted a pic of my setup just for Erin.

1218141319_dscn0102.jpg

DO NOT buy the CDI conversion from 1977 Mopeds for your SACHS engine!

*********THEY WILL FUCK YOU!!!***********

This CDI unit will likely not function, or FAIL soon after!

fuck that. im going to my garage to take a pic right now. i have a cdi on my foxi. it's from 1977.

I actually meant my *** as sarcasm, I forgot about the bold thing.

Sorry...I read the last thread and everybody gave you so much shit about the pic I had to rub it in a little

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

the 77 cdi will work great if you do it right!

Trash talking aint good plain and simple.

my moped runs. i just have terrrrrrrrrible low end and it doesnt take hills like at all. its either timed wrong or its a clutch issue. either way, the cdi from 1977 works. the end.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account