A55 ceramic bearings

Bruce Edwards /

Does anyone know the bearing sizes in the A55? I'd like to start sourcing ceramic bearings for my engine prior to the rebuild.

A55 ceramic bearings

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

Ceramic ball Si3N4 have low density, high strength, low friction coefficient, electrical and magnetism resistance, wear resistance, and hybrid construction ceramic ball bearing/s. The high-speed 30,000+RPM, high accuracy and log life environments. Normally, GCr15 or AISI440C, 316 304 inner & outer ring。 The ceramic ball/s can use ZrO2, Si3N4 or Sic. Not cheep and OVER KILL for 300/600 more RPMs . ,

Re: A55 ceramic bearings

Bruce Edwards /

Yeah but these engines run at 9000 rpm's so it's worth it to me. Granted, it's not a huge increase to many, but you might be surprised how much HP reducing rolling resistance frees up, I learned this lesson racing RC cars-Big difference!!!

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

your local bering shop via google maps can get them for you

usually

just ask for hybrid ceramics

mine were about 60 a pop

for that price purchase a HPI ignition dude. talk about reducing rolling resistance, and it will provide you a hotter more accurate spark with high RPM advancement built in.

the ingition on the a55 is known to have a limiter anyway so you would have to put a new box on, if you wanna max your gearing you have to take the a55 ingition off as well cause it has an externally mounted pickup. this gets in the way if you want to grind your case to fit a 31t front sprocket.

the point is, spend your money on something you will actually get your monies worth for.

agreed

Been racing RC cars since the 90's and tried all the ceramics... no difference in performance except in a nitro clutch bell aplication.

Save your money and buy something that really helps.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account