crushed pipe, kind of

lets just say there was an accident and some drinking may have been involved, and leave it at that.

so the question. my g2 has a dent in the bottom about 4 inches by 3 inches. this sucks, this was definitely not the 200 dollar pipe that i wanted to crush. so, how badly will that affect the performance? there arent any holes, just the dent.

also, is it possible to fix it without destroying the pipe? like can i cut it at the seam, hammer it out and then re weld it? or am i stuck with a dented up pipe?

Re: crushed pipe, kind of

Try sealing it and pressurizing it with water! Not air though. Just water.

Fill with water, plug ends with expandable rubber stoppers and freeze.

Check every few hours.

You may have to do this a few times, but it will pop the dent out.

I have done this on my dented magnum pipe and it work great, took three times in the freezer.

holy shit, thats genius. its not going to fit in my freezer though. maybe i'll just get a job at some place that has a nice walk in. then quit when the dent is gone.

Easy: Weld a bolt to the center of the dent, take a slide hammer and pop it out. If that doesn't work, cut the exhaust, fix the dent from inside and weld it up again.

Don't ride your expensive ped when drunk. I have a mini-bike for those kinds of things. That thing has created so much pain for my friends who liked to drive it, and it doesn't hurt me or my wallet :P

really my biturbo is riddled with little dents (from the last guy) doesn't seem to hurt it. but maybe i will try popping them out see if it helps any

what did he use to freeze that?

co2 if u were listining

i'm outside and couldnt really hear it. thanks, i'll give that a shot.

crushed pipe, kind of

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

Pull pipe plug one end . Heat pipe with map gas and pressurize with 20 psi air

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account