Metal shavings/dust

So i just finished cleaning up the intake and exhaust ports, as well as polishing the exhaust port on my 80cc metrakit. I blew it out with compressed air and then cleaned it with gas. I then put some 2 stroke oil on it to prevent rust. I cleaned it pretty good, but when i was putting the oil on it, i felt a couple pieces of metal dust. Will such a minimal amount of very fine dust cause problems or no?

Re: Metal shavings/dust

clean it more better.

take it apart, clean it and put some new bearings in while your at it!! you don't want to fuck up your 300 dollar kit right?

youre right. i'll clean her up again tomorrow. blow it all out with air.

rob, ive got new bearings, new seals, roller bearing crank, new clutch, new coil, pretty much new everything. total performance rebuild.

What? That was Nate posting again? Twice in a month? That has got to be a record.

User some super hot water with some dish soap and scrub it until its clean, then clean it again for good measure, then finally clean it again and rinse it with really hot water. Lube it up with good 2 stroke oil and throw it on.

Sorry Allen it wasnt Nate it was me on Nates account.

Eric has the right idea.

Dishwasher... :D

So can i throw it in the dishwasher? lol jk.

Yes you can. I've done it, works great. Don't forget to rinse with plenty of water afterwards, to get soap residue out. And lube it b4 you mount it ;)

ERIC WOOLF /

Wash that out with dawn dish soap with really hot water, scrub the fuck out of it and rinse the hell out of it with the hottest water you can get. Do this several times and then oil everything.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account