Gas

has anyone noticed a big difference in the kinda of gas you put in your moped. for example a difference between regular or premium in either your mph. mpg, smoothness of the ride or a longer life of your moped, any info will be great, thanks

Re: Gas

gas pumps hold 1 gallon so if u only pump a gallon u will get what ever the last guy was getting. that being said u don't need a higher octane till u mill your head and mess with your cylinder/piston

u serious

I think Zeke meant the volume of the hose going from the pump to the nozzle holds a gallon.

the only reason for the different octane levels is to prevent engine knock...if you are riding fine with 87 then there would be no need to pay more for a higher octane...just go lowest grade.

that comment about pumps holding a gallon is false

I agree. I used to drain the hose years ago after turning the pump off and get at least a quarter gallon each time, don't laugh it adds up when your poor. The gas station guy would bitch because he would say I was screwing him, who cares right? Now the gas must get sucked back up because virtually nothing will come out after the pump is off. I tried it again after gas hit $3.50

Yea in days of yore the hoses were longer and there was a LOT of gas in them. Just pull up after they closed and the livin was easy

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account