3 shoe clutch removal?? There are no threads!

I've got a moped-size clutch puller, but the damn plate on the three shoe doesn't have threaded holes. I tried prying gently, didn't get anywhere. What's the trick?

I tried searching the forum, no dice.

This is Mijunkin by the way, just on Mark's computer.

Re: 3 shoe clutch removal?? There are no threads!

Usually its recommend to tap the holes before installing the clutch for this very reason. Your going to have to tap the holes now and then use your puller. Make sure you clean out all the metal chips before you put it back together.

Goddamn...shoulda looked at the thing closer. I was just in a rush to get it tuned. Damn. Thanks man.

whoops! ya forgot to tap em!

Start to tap them with a taper tap and then as soon as you have some threads, switch to a bottoming tap and tap away. Just make sure to clean all the material out of your case with a good rinse of gasoline.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Yep, got it all taken care of. Wasn't as hard to do as I thought it would be, but then again I'd never tapped a damn thing before in my life.

Tapped it, cleaned it out with an air compressor, then a rag, then more air compressor, then put the paz springs in and remounted it.

Done deal. Thanks dudes!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account