50/50 club

so ive heard some talk about a 50cc 50mph club.. did some searching and didnt find any thing

well because of recent events i had to go back to my stock cylinder.

just threw it on and rode .. down jetted a little bit. but it takes a bit but i got to 49.5 on flats it was nuts.. it took hella long but i go there

so im not gunna eat anything all night and get up early when there air is cooler and try for 50..

P.S. im only running one ring on my piston. i broke the bottom one

Re: 50/50 club

wait. you are saying your hitting 49.5 mph on the flats on a stock cylinder? what kind of bike?

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

or better yet what kind of gearing?

better yet how big was the hill

yeah. without this being a derbi or korado.... on a stock cylinder, even ported heavy... its a lie.

im on a garelli ssxl

stock piston stock cylinder

11/25 gearing

techno estroli

21mm phgb with a 20mm intake

but i did no porting or anything .. no hill at all.. i just ran out of road and couldnt keep going .

its faster than my kitted e 50... except up a hill. He's not lying

wow u must have no torque what so ever but have fun :P

Ben, no. It's totally possible. There are some amazingly fast #3(low torque) puch cylinders in Seattle. I have a 40mph #3 that is geared at 14x45. With 18x36 it would hit 50 no problem.

Shit is totally possible.

I am interested in this phenomenon. It seems that when engine cases are matched for kits with large transfers, and then the stock cylinder is put back on, these engines tend to perform feats normally out of the realm of possibility for stock cylinders. To me, this meshes well with what Jennings says about transfer ports, which is that you basically can't make it too big where the transfers begin in the case. The bigger you get, the faster it goes. You're only limited by how much case you have. I think further improvement could be seen if these stock cylinders had their transfer openings matched to the engine cases (which were already modified to make them match a large kit).

I predict, here and now, that if you put a stock cylinder on cases matched to an 80cc metra, and then matched the transfers on the stock cylinder to the case, we will see the highest speeds every seen on a stock cylinder. This assumes, of course, that the transfers on the case don't extend beyond the outer edge of the cylinder block on the stock cylinder (where the cylinder block stops and the cooling fins begin).

Wow, was any of that readable? It's getting too late at night to be writing.

garelli stock cylinders have pretty agressive porting, huge exhaust, but 50 seems a bit high. 11/25 is also sick tall gears on a garelli, i think thats about the same as 18/40 on a puch.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

I'd say its possible, but I dunno, I'm skeptical, especially with a 21 and 20mm intake just thrown on there. No matching at all? Those gasses don't like running into walls.

My korado cylinder has done 45 with a 19 phbg and simonini. Yea its not really ported yet, but the intake matches and the exhaust is aligned. It could probably do faster with more gearing, but then its not practical to ride under 25.

Does 50/50 count if you bike hits 50 when alll the stockers are already several blocks down? I don't think that should be the case. Mine does 45 and beats pretty much all of my friends bikes off the line. I know I would be destroyed by any of the good kitted bikes on here though.

If I recall correctly, Harold's 50/5o magnum ended up blowing at latebird rally. By the time he was up to speed he was already dusted. I'm pretty sure shaw's 50/60 bike is up there with the best almost the entire time. Correct me if I'm wrong.

i guess i dont mean to say its completely impossible... ah nevermind.

Uncle Samson /

i believe you drew, i mean your probably not even real?!

Yea that works but because the primary compression will be lots less the low end will sufffer. I think Jennings was using multigeared bikes

I think 50/50 is an awesome feat. Anyone who has done it shouldn't be poo-poo'd. Who cares if it has bad low end. If it does have good low end then more bragging rights for that person

Harold's bike was fine off the line btw. He had some other problems but all and all that bike was pretty sick.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account