10mm vs 12mm ciao crank?

I'm doing a ciao build-up is it better to run the 10mm TOP crank (because it is lighter) and the 12mm TOP crank (because it is more stout) I'll mrobably be running the 70 or 73cc malossi kit on whichever crank I run I'll be using the delorto 13:13 unless I can get that malossi case that lets me run something bigger.......thanks

Re: 10mm vs 12mm ciao crank?

The 10mm and 12mm refer to the wrist pin size. It's not an issue of weight, it's an issue of how big the wrist pin is on the piston you're using. If you get a crank for a 10mm pin, and you have a 12mm, you're screwed. Likewise if you get a crank for a 12mm pin, and you have a 10mm. It's not like you can shim a wrist pin.

Theoretically if you bought a 12 and had a 10 you could make up the difference with a bigger roller bearing if you could find one, but I wouldnt want to try that.

no I'm doing a complete groung floor build is a 12mm better than a ten (benji sez no)

Were you listening to the dude's story, Donnie?

Let me say it one more time: there is no difference between a 10 pin and a 12 pin except for the wrist pin size. No weight difference, the crank cheeks are the same size. It does not matter which one you use as long as your kit matches it.

I have a 10mm malossi 70cc kit for cheap if you want, its like new

You're like a fucking child, Donnie!

email sent on the kit-yo

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account