Three Shoe Springs?

Hey, I just got the puch three shoe clutch, and the springs to make it grab correctly with the polini kit. For some reason the springs do not fit into the holes where the old springs were.

My understanding was that they fit in with no mods. Is this correct, or am I supposed to dremmel out to fit the new springs? Let me know if anyone has ran into this or any tips.. Thanks

Matt

Re: Three Shoe Springs?

This is so frustrating... having all the parts to build an engine and running into a bust..

bump

They are supposed to fit right into the holes of the old springs. How much are they off? If it's just a little bit, drill out the holes.

Where did you get them?

I got them from mopedshop. They aren't even close, I used a flat head to press down on them level by level and I could only get one lip of the spring to go in the hole in the middle of the clutch, and thne they don't go into the outer hole on the three shoe's at all. Must be an issue with the springs? versus the clutch

Oh you got the ZAP springs that explains it, you should have gotten the PAZ springs.

If there's enough material around the whole just drill it out to fit, or use the stock springs and send those back and get some PAZ's.

Don't buy knockoffs, get the real deal.

I had the same problem with those ripoffs mopedshop was selling. I got them because I was ordering other parts from them and he was practically giving the springs away at that point (i would assume because of all the negative responses on this forum). I ended up spending an hour filing the sides of the springs to get them to fit.

what the fuck....wow why hasnt this been mentioned at all before.

shit.

Doh

ahh it was mentioned that mopedshop sucks balls and rips off people and jacks other peoples ideas (see creature Chris Paz's custom springs). Id try to return them and then you can buy the actual real PAZ springs at 1977mopeds.com

booo

HAHAHAHA that's fucking hilarious!

Not that your springs don't fit (sorry about that), but that mopedshop's attempt at stealing my spring idea and re-branding them was a complete failure. That makes me smile.

If you order PAZ springs from 1977 they will just drop in to the clutch like they were suppose to.

Yeah it made my day when I saw how crappy they were. Once I get the motor installed I will have to let you know if they perform.

I really liked that by the time I bought them he had taken ZAP out of the name and was giving them away at like two dollars a piece.

fuck mopedshop.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account