18 tooth on E50

Its the stock cylinder. I'v already been told its overgeared. But my other choice is a 14 tooth, and its not happening. Here's my Q. How fast am I going if I'm geared at 18/45?

Re: 18 tooth on E50

Stock probably doesn't have enough power. I just put an 18 on mine and can hit 42mph with the 70cc athena kit. Get a 16 tooth and you will be happy, I ran a 16 tooth stock and it worked out well.

I'm running 18x45 on #1 low torque w/hc head, 16 intake, 15 bing w/v-stack, proma gp and my clutch tuned and I don't have any problems, was pulling 40 with it to. I'm also running an 18t freewheel which make pedaling more beneficial, but not needed.

Where did you get that freewheel? Pedalling sucks stock!

Myself, I'm a pretty hefty person so 18 tooth and stock 50cc was just not happy. Even with a 70cc, I can only do 42 on an 18x45 setup (so far, still tuning)

any bike shop.

I ran that set up and in ahead-wind my bike couldn't find it's power band run the stock set up and you'll be faster all around. 1977mopeds.com sells an intake that is cheap and increases mid-range torque significantly that is a good way to go and you can use your new top speed

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account