Help me install cdi on garelli

Im not positive if i have it hooked up right......didnt get any directions.....if someone could give me a quick how to or pic

Re: Help me install cdi on garelli

mor infos

þλ†Я¡¢k §¡§ΩИ /

I was actually planning on putting mine in tomorrow afternoon. You installed yours already? or are you looking for tips before you attempt like i am?

Well i hooked it up yesterday and it was raining bad and i think the moisture in the air was messing it up so i wasn't sure.....so im super sick and just woke up and its raining but the bike is nice and dry now and it started up so i think its good i just need some time and dryer weather to go test it out......josh from 1977 mopeds helped me over the phone....the red wire that is with the blue is extra and you can use it for a kill switch......hookup the blue wire to the other blue wire in the new set do the same with the gray wires.......the red wire from the cdi box goes to the coil......just take off the old black wire and you will have a new ground to hook up to....there will be a lot of extra old wires left....i kept them there just in case.....i still need to check if i disconnected anything wrong but it runs for now

þλ†Я¡¢k §¡§ΩИ /

That was by far the easiest half hour i have ever spent on a moped. Mostly because it actually came with instructions. Jason, did yours come packaged? Instructions were printed on the packaging.

The only thing is that there is a red wire im supposed to connect to an off switch. So the only way i could kill the engine is to let it stall out. Also..how do i set my timing now??

theirs no timing to set.....its electronic now....i think.....I haven't been able to try it out yet.....still raining

Set the timing by rotating the stator plate.

þλ†Я¡¢k §¡§ΩИ /

I know the cdi works for the horizontal noi but does it also

work for the vertical vip/gulp engine?

how do i set the timing or where is a good place to start.....or what do i line it up with....can i advance it and get a little faster...

no clue about the 77 guy, but the avanti one does.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account