Can a Minarelli power wheelie without a kit?

So I'm in the process of upgrading my Motron, and I'm wondering if I will be able to get it to a point where it can power wheelie without adding a kit, but still do at least 30 mph. I currently have a 15.15 with a 59 jet on it, and a proma circuit exhaust. I ordered a Mamba so I'll be switching to that soon. I'm planning on doing some port matching in the mean time. I currently have a 10T front sprocket. If I switch to a 9T, do port matching and put the Mamba on (and rejet probably), will I be able to do power wheelies?

Re: Can a Minarelli power wheelie without a kit?

naw dawg. no power wheelies. probably only regular ones.

nope

you can wheelie anything. Just lean back and pull hard.

No. It's self-explanatory, for power wheelies you need........ power

And that's not coming out of your 50cc stock kit. Maybe if you port the hell out of it and get really short gearing, it might do a lil throttle hop when you open the throttle at the beginning of the powerband, but no more than that.

Even the 80cc kits don't do power wheelies without short gearing.

And why would you want to do power wheelies? If there's something that's dangerous, it's a ped that lifts the front end when you give it some throttle.

roadent$ craig /

why wouldnt you want to power wheelie?.... people on the street are always asking me to do wheelies as a joke. i would love to just pull a fucking siiiick power wheelie.

Well I probably wouldn't leave it like that for long, I just wanted to mess around with power wheelies for a bit. Ultimately I'd switch over to a bigger sprocket for top end.

90% of kitted mopeds can't "power wheelie"

but yeah like tommy said, you can wheelie a bicycle right? well u can wheelie a moped, u just gotta pull real hard and stand on the rear axil.

lol

Because:

1: if you have a 1-speed ped that can power-wheelie, you are always over-revving when you are on speed.

2: If you have a ped that can power-wheelie, you have a ped that has too much torque for the swingarm. You are going to crash when you give it power in the corner, because your swingarm will bend. It will also bend when you just drive in a straight line tho...

3: If you have a ped that can power-wheelie, you will power-wheelie wether you like it or not. Every time you pull it into the powerband, you will be on your rear wheel... Or on the ground, if you happen to be in a corner, on a manholecover or on a road-marking.

4: If you wheelie, and you flip backwards, good chance you end up with a snapped back. Trust me, I've seen it happen. And that kid was on a bicycle...

I've never had that happen but some dudes once shouted "burnout!" at me while I was sitting at a light in my RX-7. I don't know if they thought I couldn't do because it was a 3rd gen (tiny), or if they knew I could. I did a nasty burnout and it was actually pretty sweet. So that is a good reason for power wheelies, doing dangerous stunts to impress random strangers.

Edit - it was a 1st gen RX-7, tiny and retro, NOT a racer looking 3rd gen.

There are a few ways to make something wheelie easy without pulling up hard. Tons of power, low gearing, or weight distribution. Variator helps too. Remember those stingray type bikes with the banana seats over the back wheel?

***Kim Jong illest*** /

that video is extra stupid. ugh papa roach even...

you need to just learn to blow of the bros that are asking you to pull wheelies. fuck those dudes.

once i pulled a wheeling on the motron when it was stock and almost busted my ass. i looked super cool to everyone on the street trying to not crash my shit. wait, nope.

you want to wheelie on a moped? learn to tune or learn to do a manual.

or you can do a fake wheelie, just pull up your front wheel while giving it gas, drag your feet on the ground to keep balance. easy peasy.

mike

and when you want to do a burnout, give it throttle while picking up the back of the bike slightly. or put the front wheel against a curb and hold the front brake tight.

get a manual shift motor, a kit and a sick torque pipe and its possible. Ben west coast used to do them all the time on his 2 speed shifter dart.

a " power wheelie"? are you fucking serious.?

I wheelie on my stock motron. swin your legs behind the back wheel to adjust your center of gravity.

i do it on my kitted c70. not a moped, not 1 speed, not automatic. also the kit eats so much gas that it needs to idle really high to well idle, so its full throttle when i switch gears. even leaning forward the front wheel still shoots up. yeah i know i need to get higher gears.

pow pow power wheels

***Kim Jong illest*** /

there was this kid down the street from me growing up. you know, THAT kid, the one who always had the new video game or jurassic park toy? well i had no nintendos and no plastic dinosaurs, but i did clobber that kid with a bed post i found in the garage while he was riding his big foot power wheels. then i dragged him out of it and took it home. then his parents called and wanted it back, so everytime i would see him it was like mad max, i would get on my bmx, chase him down with some kind of club and beat him until he gave up. eventually his parents bought him a new one and stopped calling to get the big foot back.

I totally had the big foot power wheel

josh, thats fucked up. ha.

on a side note, i just did about a ten foot power wheelie on my hobbit. didnt mean to though, it doesnt like to idle and getting it off the stand is always a new adventure.

Perfekt Timing Angel /

I used to be able to pull wheelies with minimal effort on my kitted Snark...but that's because I was stupid and didn't realized that my stock carburetor + 75cc Polini = Fatally lean condition.

I almost rear-ended an SUV doing those wheelies. Eventually, my kit melted.

The End.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account