e-50 generator output

ERIC WOOLF /

On my motor at idle I got 1.5 vdc. To me this seems to low. I f I ride this at night I just might end up in the morgue.I need to have all of my lights at full bright. This is a 6 vdc system from 78 and I want to have everything lit up like a christmas tree when at idle. any suggestions?

Re: e-50 generator output

Buy the 12v lighting coil from 1977.

road flares

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

Do a search then ask for help. R&D is a lot of work time money and net working. Do a search AK the big R in R&D then ask for help.

use a rectifier and buy LED's

google hope vision.

ERIC WOOLF /

Naw I like the flares. Thats funny

be quick

or be dead!

what is a 6v dc system? certainly not yer moped. they are AC.

I use a 12v lighting coil. Works pretty good. The 6v lighting coils are always very dim at idle.

i never though of using my e50 as a generator but that'd be a good way for me to run my ez-bake oven on long road trips...

ERIC WOOLF /

I think we have a money making deal here use this motor to power the kids oven, I smell muffens

ERIC WOOLF /

I have been looking for the 12 vdc coils and have found that these are getting hard to find but i'm not worried, I got 3 ammo boxes on the back I can pack enough batteries in these to power my house. see the attachment

1216182284_ped_015.jpg

You could cook on your cylinder if your really hungry.

e-50 generator output

That voltage is only at idle. When you are at idle give the throttle short bursts to brighten the lights to warn people you are there.

while you are riding the lights should be nice & bright.

Yor moped generates AC not DC. If you have your multimeter set incorrectly, you will get false readings. You won't get as much amperage at idle as full throttle. If that doesn't cut it, switch to 12v or run off a rechargable battery from an RC car (which is DC)

Congratulations! You have just dethroned motobrokane as the top poster! Pick up the keys to your new Tomos Revival!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account