Moped Security

I just finish boring out my bike, and dont feel like having it stolen or something... does anyone knows if I can get a starter key or ignitionswitch or something like that that will prevent someone from kick start my ped and be gone?

Re: Moped Security

a big chain and lock will be better, its a moped, any ignition you install can easily be undone.

i use a BIG 1/2 inch round links chain about 4 ft long.. and a heavy duty master lock, like construction grade shit....

an ignition is not that hard to install my dad said i needed one for the c70 well it turned out to be just direct wired in the end cuz it takes me 10 min to find which way is on

performance tuning?...

anyways a company called kryptonite makes the best locks, if you feel like shelling out the extra cash.

i'd use a u-shaped lock on the front wheel (through the forks) and a heavy duty cloth covered chain lock through the rear swing arm/wheel and then around the frame somewhere. should be SUPER safe.

I do the reverse of Tommy's setup, u-lock around the swingarm or rear shocks through the back tire, then chain from front tire around the frame to a bike rack or lamp post. U-lock on the front tire comes right off with the tire, unless you got mags all they gotta do then is replace like four or five spokes.

two individual log chain through both snowflakes, with two locks.

Patrick Mattison /

I keep mine parked in a brinks trucks with two armed guards

mine is buried on a secret island with a serpant pass blocking the way to the ghost cave. Ran last summer

500$ for map

i ride mine to where i'm going, then ride it home and lock it inside, then walk to where i want to go. to get home i just reverse that.

i was at the motorcycle store today and they make a wire alarm for motorcycle covers. basicallywhen the cover coms off the alarm does too.

one thing you could do is discreetly wire a unit with a trip wire that goes around whatever you are locking it to. so when the wire unplugs an alarm goes off. if you really wanna get fancy you can go wireless and have it send somethign to your keychain telling you your bike is being taken away.

or you can get motorcycle lojack

Keeping your bike from getting stolen will not make it go any faster. Unless it gets stolen by A. Graham Bell or something.

drrrh... sorry i don't know what i was thinking...

i just hide a pb&j sandwich about 10 to 15 yards from my bike and normally the scent deters the crackheads long enough for me to make my getaway.

but yeah i don't know what i was trying to say before.

u-lock through the sway bar and through the rear wheel, and run a chain through your front wheel and around your frame. that way you can keep your ped and both wheels.

Try a Tree-Lock!

thats crazy

Seriously, Most punks who steal a ped don't know how to start it even without a kill switch They will usually push it down the street quietly so not to draw attention, then after they peddle and peddle and peddle give up and ditch it in the weeds usually within a couple of blocks from the spot it was stolen. If they do get it started they usually try jumping and off-road running and beat the hell out of it and still ditch it.

-Curly

someone stole my friend kyles batavus a couple of weeks ago. they made it about three blocks and threw it on the side of the road.

two guys just tried to steal my hobbit 4 hours ago

police notified me. THey said that they were trying to push it down out of the parking lot. I have the rear tire chained with a big chain and lock.

doesnt look like they tried to cut it, just tried to pick it up and take off with it. probably would have cut the lock at their house.

bastards

440vac three phase. 20ft cable and clamp. Park in a good size puddle of water.

When the lights dim and you smell BBQ ....

Moped Security

Take your kick start lever with you when you leave your bike.

what the fuck? kickstart lever? my peds dont have one of those.

best sercurity is... get some JBweld and put about 50-100 bricks on it, jbweld the frame to a wall, jbweld the tires to the ground.

BAM good to go

Nice cable that goes through both tires and winds through frame with a nice big master lock. But I think the best way to deter them taking it is a terrible paint job...and duct tape......most people probably don't want to ride anything with duct tape "holding on" parts...but that is just an idea.

If you bike sits on a side kickstand, you can put a gorilla alarm on it. I put one on my 2006 streetmate, when someone stands it up or bumps it the alarm blares at 110db. enough to deter the most punk thieves.

I've been looking to get an old fashioned RF transmitter homing device like in No Country for Old Men. Then if some punk steals my ped I'll drive around with that beeping lightbulb thingy until it starts beeping louder. At which point i'll kill the poor bastard with a tank of compressed air.

Lot's of links to this stuff.

No doubt the best solution is gps like the following..

http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2005/10/diy_gps_tracking.html

The ways to do this are going to eventually get so cheap and available that it will completely change the game of thievery, (and, unfortunately, stalking)

Moped Security

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

Mont a tazer under the seat . Ground one lead to frame other to striped wire under seat cover. Use start button for switch .

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account