qt50 compression

What is the easiest way to shave the head on my qt. I'm just looking for some more compression out of the little guy. I was wondering if i took some 400 grit wet sand paper on a flat surface then I could run the head over it like a figure 8. Thats the only thing I can come up with without sending it to a machine shop. Or is there another head thats a direct bolt on that would give me the compression I'm looking for?

Re: qt50 compression

i would not use sand paper i would suggest a milling machine. it can be done with sand paper, just run a gasket on it cuz it won't be perfectly flat at the microscopic level. have fun tell us if it works also remember u can't easily add materiel and it might mess up your squish band idk about the last statement just a random guess

what's the squish band? I will definatly let you know how it works. I got the idea from the original shop manual. It says that if the head is slightly warped you can use the sand paper 600 or 400 grit. So I thought to shave it I could use baby steps and go with the sand paper. Thanks for the advice.

Nate,

Have you done anything to the engine? IE 60cc cylinder? Or have you done all the mods, and still want more gains?

nope, still stock. I'm looking for an exaust. I just gutted mine which helped but still not enough. K&N filter and boyesen reeds. I want to go 60 kit, but cant find anything for a good price.

I would also like to keep it pretty stock, but I want to try to hit 40 without a kit. I know that would be tough but I know It has more without a kit. So that's were the more compression came from. Im hitting 33 on flat. I'm also looking for pw50 gears if anyone knows where I can find some. I keep checking ebay but no luck so far.

My buddy has a 1980 express nc50 that will hit 34 on flat. and all he did was put a spree head on and we made a custom shorty out of a jackster exaust. he was only doing 25 before. So pretty much I'm competing with him.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account