New a55 engines

Where can I pick up a new a55 engine, do I need to get them directly from Tomos? My seals are blowing out on mine. I could probably stand to just get a new gasket set but if i'm putting a 67cc kit on I might as well put it on a new engine and do the 100 mile break in period.

Re: New a55 engines

How worn out is your A55, it can't be more than a year or two old right? You realize most people on here mainly ride 30 year old mopeds with 30 year old engines, and wanting to replace a 2 year old engine is kinda...ridiculous. Unless maybe you seize it really hard after you put that kit on.

Any tomos dealer will be able to get a new engine for you. I'll worn you though. Rebuilding your old motor with new seals, bearings and gaskets will be much cheaper. I'd also look into why the seals/gaskets went bad. It may be caused by some sort of issue, its not normal for them to go out this quickly.

sell the a55 on here

I've got a nasty oil leak and my ped bogs down a bit at speed, you guys think I blew a seal? Am I going to have to disassemble the entire engine to replace the seals? I wonder how hard of a job that would be. Any pointers?

you know you should be doing a full engine rebuild when you kit that thing... right?

▣ß@ηℊℙℐṔ∃▣ ™ /

its seriously easy, just take shit apart and remember how it goes back together

i work for a dealer, a new engine costs 600. and that's at cost.

New engines are over $600 and Tomos probably doesn't have any. You should just rebuild your engine.

start your bike put carb cleaner on all surfaces that meet and see if it bubbles if not u have something different going on if it does

4 bolts and as for advice lefty lossy righty tighty, also make sure u have replacement seals. then grab your head and pull back (should slide right off). then maybe put a little oil in your cylinder and pull it off take off seals. u will need a scraping tool just don't scrap the metal to much put seals on put piston in cylinder (oil cylinder walls) put head on cylinder. put washers on studs, put bolts on studs. tah da simple

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account