Custom PHGB intake for 80cc metrakit

Any of you guys with the 80cc metra made a custom intake for it? I'd like to see some pics of your intakes.

Also, the best design would be a sweeping curve, right? Should it be as short as possible, or does length not mateer?

Re: Custom PHGB intake for 80cc metrakit

Length does matter. The shorter the better.Try blowing up a balloon with a garden hose. Takes forever.The air (fuel) has to travel farther. Better throttle response from short.

1215928809_100_5031.jpg

Ok.

So, nows heres a question ive been thinking about tonight.

Steel vs. Aluminum? Id like to make an aluminum one, bcause it would look nicers and wouldnt rust, but i know each metal has different properties. They diffuse heat differently. And the colder the air, the better. So, which metal is better?

Maybe it really doesnt matter. IDK, im just thinking about how i can get the best possible performance out of this.

I like aluminum.Easier to work with.Elliot from England has a steel intake on his bike I think.

aluminum it is.

Benji has some that will work with minor mods. They aren't the best ever, but they will work.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account