Re: moby jetting

I wouldn't be totally sold on just getting a bigger carb. Maybe the 15 doesn't work so well because there are air leaks or something? My vespa has a 13mm carb and it performs well... The murray has a 14mm. Especially if the airsal has more conservative porting you may have too much carb with a big phbg. If you ride WOT all the time the other circuit jets don't matter so much.

True, but it's not just the circuit jets, but it's also the size of the carb and intake and intake port.

well i just ordered a 19mm phbg so i guess i'll find out soon enough. and guess what colin! guess whos going to feild all my phbg questions! thats right, you are. ha. bet you wish you never met me. probably not just for this reason either.

lee's anus is leefungchowOG /

Your vespa uses rotary valve= ultra fixed intake timing, makes for more consistent carburetion at low and high rpms. also, you murray has a tapered needle, which also carberates way better than a simple emulsion tube. SHA's are reliable carbs for modified stock setups, but they do not have any circuits or much variation in mixture.

19phbg will rock your world.

A wise choice my friend. You just saved yourself an upgrade later on down the road as well.

Yeah, Davey -

You will literally shit your pants when you put that 19mm on the 70cc kit. The moment I did that with my Parmakit the bike went from piece of shit to fucking awesome.

You'll most likely be in the 88 - 92 jet range. Maybe 94. It comes with a 96 stock main jet and a 60 idle jet. Don't fuck with the idle jet, but 96 will be way to big for ya.

Even the 16SHA on my 70cc Parma was way, way too small.

***Kim Jong illest*** /

Hey ben, where your needle set at? i just recently UP jetted to an 88 with the same set up.

The carb on my murray is actually a 14mm dellorto, so no tapered needle...

How about you add your bike to the sheet Ben?

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=p_Ysahl1B79WHMUBbvCzNfg

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account