Puch HPI CDI users: timing question

Just got my hands on a auto advancing HPI CDI for my ZA50 and I can't seem to find the right timing. So.. my question is:

How many mm BTDC did you set your CDI at to run right?

If you have a e50 with one please post as well as they are very similar.

Sub question:

Did anyone find a solution for lighting besides a battery?

Re: Puch HPI CDI users: timing question

Is this in the right forum? Is everyone at BroBQ? Whats the deal??? I need answers!

it's proboly because it's spinning the opposite direction as the E50

haha nice one hippy.

Normally you line up the marks on the rotor and baseplate at TDC, but that won't work I guess.

I've heard from people that a HPI on a ZA50 isn't a good idea tho. They say these engines don't run well without a flywheel pushing em.

if you dont want it i may want it

lol

I know the rotor spins the other way, and I know you line up the timing marks, but for the universal HPI you match the marks up at between 2 and 4mm BTDC according to the instructions. I want to know what has worked for others. And the bike does run.

_I’ve heard from people that a HPI on a ZA50 isn’t a good idea tho. They say these engines don’t run well without a flywheel pushing em._

If you could supply record of this information that would be helpful.

Well, that information is on www.puchforum.net. It is in Dutch however. And it's just hearsay, so I don't know how credible it is. You should try it for yourself.

Thanks

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account