moving the clutch to the back... vespa

could a regular clutch be moved to the back wheel and still work right?

i cant find the variator swap, so im looking into this.

Re: moving the clutch to the back... vespa

No. The rear wheel on variated vespas has a two-part pulley that adjusts via a spring to the tension coming from the variator. The fixed pulley is...fixed, and doesnt move. It would have so much slack it would throw the belt until you were wound out all the way, by which time the belt would be thrown.

dude, obviously.

i was thinking that the variator plates in the back would be a hell of alot easier to find than the entire clutch setup. and i already have the variator itself.

im just wondering if the clutch would actually work back there. cause the engine, instead of turning the inside of the clutch mechanism, would turn the outside... it would basically be running backwards. but i was thinking it might work cause the back wheel (when spinning the outside of the clutch) turns over the motor.

oh jens, you feather rustler

in theroy the primary and secondary variator functions as well as the idle and starting clutch could be in a lot of different location combinations. but i dont think it is something worth trying to do. it would be a lot of custom work. i'd just keep looking for a grande/bravo rear hub and clutch.

this is for a ciao right?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account