Re: Making a killer E-50

Bert /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I see quite a few posts from people that want a bigger kit on their E-50's, "but don't want to do any work on the engine" - i.e. case-matching.

If you're gonna drop the money for a kit, doing a case match of the transfer ports is one of the best things you can do to maximize your investment!! It's not hard to do either, and very difficult to royally screw it up. (Now porting the cylinder is a different story).

All you need to do is lay the new base gasket on the case, mark out where you need to open the bottom case and start using a rotary tool. The satisfaction (and performance) you'll get from doing it is very gratifying.

Eric, you've already got the engine open - do it right! Read the Wiki on REbuilding an E-50 for a great how-to, and find a friend who might have done this if you're nervous. I did it myself on a Metrakit just from the Wiki, and it turned out terrific. Go for it!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account