DMP Tomos 70 cc kit - Reviews?

I was surfin Mopedshop.com and i stumbled upon this. I don't think i remember seeing this before, and i searched the forums and couldn't get any info, so i was wondering, does anyone know whats up? Is this a quality item? any reviews?

Site-

http://www.mopedshop.com/Tomos-moped-DMP70cc-Bore-Kit-p/812dmp.htm

For 120, if its good i'm gonna buy one

Re: DMP Tomos 70 cc kit - Reviews?

why wouldn't you just spend the extra $19.00 and go with something that is known to work? I mean, it's $19.00.

i'm doing research on kits right now, so i have decided to bump this to get people's input on this kit. in two years, there has to be plenty of people who have ran this kit.

i have one with the jcams setup, it is breaking in nice but still has it's fair share of tuning issues. doesn't like to sustain high rpms, but the low end is nuts. was sold to me as an alukit but is stamped DMP on the cylinder.

1981 Silver Bullet

A35 Bottom End

DMP 70cc Cyl

Tomos A35 Head (tried the treats hi-hi compression head and it suffered on the top end)

Tomos reeds and side inlet intake bored out to 15mm

16.16 sha with 78 jet

A35 CDI (stock timing)

Bi-turbo pipe (also tried techno circuit = yuck!)

28 22 gearing

This setup equals mild power wheelies, lots of torque everywhere, lots of smiles, and a top speed of about 45 to 50 mph.

nerdzilla No mo Peds no mo /

i ran mine rich as fuck, still managed to overheat it til it warped. was never able to get a seal after that. got the alukitty..... its doin me just fine. il eventually go for gila or polini, but the alu is a good kit for its price. it pulls up the front wheel every time i pour it on.

I built a bike for a customer with the vm20 a3 and homet pipe! it ripped! I love this kit!

I've never had any trouble with my DMP "alukit".

Just slapped on there, no porting, phbg carb with custom intake, and a techno bullet. fuckin reliable as hell.

I've got a DMP on an A35 12mm side intake 15 sha running i think an 80 missing one ring (broken in the box) cdi tecnogas, stiffer reeds and treats hi comp head. No worries decent kit im guessing 40 45 ish im going to bore out the stock shorty intake to 15 and see if that makes it any better. But so far agreed with RJ reliable as poop after mexican food.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account