New kitting forum???

hey maybe we should leave this area specifically for performance tuning, and open up a new forum for kit related questions?

or maybe just beef up the wiki so that more people go there first.

it seems "throw a kit on it" was a little more popular than we all thought...

Re: New kitting forum???

no.

The wiki is continuously being improved.

Even if we take great effort to post every possible piece of information available on every kit....people will still start new threads to ask there question.

Every thread has been archived since the dawn of age and the SEARCH button is the key to that bountiful amount of info.

Kitting a moped is considered performance tuning....

let's start a new _kitten_ forum!

umad.

haha what i'm saying is it's increasingly (or at least from what everyone has been saying) the most asked question on the site. instead of bogging down the performance tuning forum (port reshaping, jetting, carb problems, timing, etc.) can be answered in a specific forum. idk i guess it just kind of made sense. more efficiency = more questions answered.

edit

EDIT:

"kit selection and installation questions can be answered in a specific forum."

Re: edit

Let's have a section called "same questions over and over section"

Questions about:

Metrakits

Nitrous

Biturbo or Bullet?

Suzuki FA50s

Any others?

boost bottle

oil injector

how do I make my tomos go the speed of light?

How do I........

haha all good suggestions...

maybe we just need like a moderator army... with their own forums.

I think sticky posts could GREATLY reduce the amount of repeat newbie questions.

i'm on a forum for my car that runs a different forum style, and seems like there's nothing with this kinda stuff.

subaru-svx.net

yeah I believe the Wiki is somewhat futile since people never read the damn thing.

I would agree that STICKIES would totally help out.

For most people the wiki is almost useless. A lot of people have to click the link two to four times and the link moves up/down repetedly. It helps if you don't give up before you get to the page you want. If I open another page and it is arranged in front of the wiki page, the wiki page moves way downso you can't see 9/10 of the page. If the wiki was fixed, more noobs would use it.

Performance tuning usually has a whole lot to do with a bigger displacement top end... I think this is the perfect place for it and the reason we started this section in the first place...

wow a lot of people get personal on here. umad.

Are you using Firefox? I am, and it's never done that to me. Actually, I just went and opened up internet explorer, and it STILL didn't do that to me. I know you're not the only one that happens to, but still, it doesn't happen to everyone.

Also, I would like to register my vote of approval for the idea of sticky posts.

if anything make it possible to edit your posts

no way! keep posts uneditable. For every one time I misspell something, there's three times some jackass says something he wishes he could take back.

Perfekt Timing Angel /

LOL @ Quatto! You have waaaaaay too much time, my friend!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account