AV10 Polini Intake size

Mr. Richard Dickrich /

Does anyone know if a 19MM or 21 MM Dellorto carb fits right on this intake? The Tuners page has both 19 and 21.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170227081062&rd=1

Any recomemndations? Should I go for the 21 with the Polini 70CC kit or is the 19MM Dellorto a better fit?

Thanks.

Re: AV10 Polini Intake size

The ID will be 19. I'm not sure what the OD will be or whether you can bore it or something. I run a 19, should be plenty.

Mr. Richard Dickrich /

Thanks Bret. Will do.

Actually, if you want to go to the trouble, just get a 21mm intake made. It should be realyl simple if you can get someone to weld it. a 21mm will be a little better.

What are the bolt hole dimensions? What is the backside of this intake look like? I canmachine one cheap. Take measuremnts of the bolt hole and take a picture of the backside. I can make the Inside Diameter 21 and the outside whaver you need. Take care

19-21 dellortos bolt right on. I.D. is 19.15 mm IIRC.

I was able to dremel my intake out to 21.15mm using a steady hand and very non-agreesive tools. I would have prefered to have my machinist put it on his lathe but I was feeling ambitious.

i ran 19 last year and it did fine. I miss the broad, linear powerband of my polini kit.

Just be careful, if you do this, than the PDX crew might actually have a fast moped.....

Mr. Richard Dickrich /

Haha, Erin Seale has a damn fast moped.

Already purchased, so we will se where it gets me. I am hoping ot get the 21, but already committed to the 19. I'll see if Treats works with me.

that intake looks 85% better than the one I got stuck with. mine has a bend which sticks the carb right out into the peddle sprocket making the motor variate about 5mm. le lame.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account