qt50 oil pump removal

Hi all ive decided to go with pre-mix in my qt50 and have converted my oil tank into a backup gastank with its own seperate shutoff valve i read somewhere about how to disconnect the oil pump so that it doesnt draw power but i cant really figure out how? has anyone done this? i know i have to plug up the oil intake on the carb so im heading to my hardware store right now to pick up a little plug i anyone has any ideas on deactivating the oil pump they are greatly apreciated! thanks

Re: qt50 oil pump removal

1.) take the white plastic cover off the oil pump.

2.) remove the oil line going from the pump the the carb.

2.) remove the two or three screws that hold the oil pump on the motor

3.) pull out the oil pump(it will take a little twisting as there's an o ring to seal it)

4.) you can now either:

A) plug the hole left by the oil pump with a plug of some sort

B) remove the gear off the oil pump, then reinstall the pump to seal the hole.

sweet tanks!

Pax racing makes a plug to replace the oil pump all together. i ordered two a couple weeks ago and i think they'll be here tuesday. i'm not sure how they install though.

finally got the plugs the other day, it took more than four weeks but there here. i pressed the plug in with a big C clamp and it works great, looks a lot better too, isn't so clustered down there.

My oil pump isn't working anymore so I was going to go with premix as well. Can you please show me a link to the plug for the pump. I am unable to locate it online.

http://www.peeweecycle.com/miniracer-pw50performance.html

Middle of the page- they're out of stock right now.

PAX racing has them for 10 dollars, i think peewee has them for 29. the ones i got from pax was just a plug you press in, the one from peewee looks like its two parts with holes for the original bolts. that would be nice if you wanted to ever go back to the pump i guess.

it took pax four weeks to ship them though, thats after calling them every day for a week.

www.paxracing.com

i've removed my oil pump using this easy step-by-step, but now i need to know the correct oil/fuel ratio..? help?

32:1 is a "safe" amount. if you're running a quality synthetic you can try running less if you want.

So do I take just the gear out of the pump or the corresponding gear coming from the case too. If I'm getting rid of the pump I'm going to make a plug plate at work. So I think I need it gone. I want a clean look, not a non working pump sitting there. So is the gear coming from the case hard to get out? Or will it be easy with the side plate removed?

What a difference removing the injector made. Runs great throughout the rev range and always idles perfectly. Thanks for all the wisdom!!! So what big bore kit to install now and should I cange or just up jet the stock carb?

You can remove the injector gear and reinstall the injector or remove and plug it. It's super easy if you're the least bit mechanical. You can buy a really nice plug at Treatland.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account