sealed bearing on Murray Mags

anyone know where i can get these? are they the same size as 5star bearings and axles?

help me out?

Re: sealed bearing on Murray Mags

what are murray mags? are u talking bout snowflake or 5 star? if 5 star, nate at motomatic mopeds cn rebuild them and convert to sealed bearings.

Murray mags are 8-star Puch rims (same as Tri-Rad?). It says "Puch Sport II" on the rim or something like that. Check out the Magnum in my profile. I totally nabbed those rims off a Murray.

According to an email I've gotten from Motomatic, they have a DIY sealed bearing kit in the works, with axle bearings, a spacer, and bolts. They think it will be 100 bux for a two-wheel kit.

ahh yeah i had a set of those. i didnt know they came from murrays. it was so long ago i cant remember if they are lielue like 5 stars, if they are its the same bearings to convert. if they are grimeca, no clue dude.

Yeah, the 8-stars are Leleu.

Take ONE bearing cup/race out of the wheel, and take the removed item and the wheel to any competent bearing shop.

They will find you sealed bearings that work, or are within a couple thou.

Re-Install, Make spacers/change your inner nut(s) and your done.

Did my puch wheels for 40 bucks total.

thanks dooooods...youre the best....if do the bearing shop thing...where should i pick up axles?

Those are rad. They are also on Kreidlers...

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account