dellorto knock-off question

i know that dellorto jets dont fit is the knock-off carbs, but i was wondering if it would be possible to retap them to accept dellorto jets. are the threads on the knock-off jets bigger or smaller than on the dellorto jets?

Re: dellorto knock-off question

i got one of those knock offs a couple years back. I'm pretty sure the whole diameter for the threats was larger than real SHA's. So you wouldn't be able to bore the thread and re-tap it. As I recommend all the time, just get the real thing.

yeah those chinese carbs work awesome for how cheap they are but its almost impossible to get jets for them

i had one of those and i ended up stuffing some jb weld in it and drilled it out and tapped it to fit delorto/mikuni jets

when I ran that immitation carb I routinely screwed in real dellorto jets into it. the threads are definitely not correct, but the carb was so cheap I didnt care. it worked fine.

i just ordered one, we'll see what happens.... anyone run a 14.14 on a batavus?

will that work?

I just bored it out and jb welded a aluminum plug in. Drill and tap the aluminum, good as new.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account