Official Hobbit Day, Leovince Review

Henceforth June 20 will be know as hobbit day, because this pipe is so awesome!

Just to start I would like to point out that my bike was performing properly before the Leovince, I could hit 30mph on a flat. I also used a gps to measure these speed.

I slapped the pipe on right when I got home from work. Does hurt the low end, but I usually peddle like crazy until I hit 10mph so it doesn't bug me. Very good acceleration after 10mph. I hit 38mph on the longest flat I could find, if it was longer I think I would have gone faster.

I hit about 43mph going down hill but then I lost all power and the rear wheel locked up (soft seized I think) and I nearly killed my self (luck no one was behind me). I pull over and it fired a couple times then died. Started right back up about a minute later. I need to upjet, I advise everyone with this pipe to upjet or at least do a plug chop.

Here is the best part, I can cruise at 30mph with only using about 1/4 throttle.

Re: Official Hobbit Day, Leovince Review

sorry about the seize. all: don't do what this guy did, buy the pipe and TUNE YOUR BIKE!!!!!

bummer, i thought these worked without upjetting, is drilling the jet the only option on a hobbit?

Everywhere I read said you don't need to upjet so I though I was good to go.

http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Honda_PA_Main_Jet_Sizes

Try googling around with the part numbers in there.

Another review:

A definite increase in performance over stock. I was hitting about 26, not sure if my 220lbs or a lack of cleanliness in the carb was limiting me. With the LeoVince, I've hit about 33. A +7mph gain from where I was.

I'm hoping a carb cleaning, and possibly new rings (125psi comp) might increase my performance even more.

Bottom line: The LeoVince Camino pipe is well worth it!

so the wait is killing me, i want my pipe

hahah me too. :) :)

BTW, do you guys have any speedometer cable that you don't use?? I think mine is dead :(

Do not ever ride downhill with wide open throttle on a two-stroke. You will sieze your engine for sure.

Anyway, do your plug chops. Are you running the stock air filter?

hey silverfox.

Ok I am french speaking and not perfectly bilingual, especially when it comes to mech. I just wanted to know how you do your plug chops? you adjust ur gaz/air screws by checking ur spark plug? what color should it be? And why did you ask about the stock air filter? i'm using stock, but is there any better?? if so what?

Thanks man

Raymond Rexroad /

Phillippe,

Do a search on plug chops, may even be in the wiki.

thanks rex!

I do have the stock air filter. Think maybe I should soak it in oil again? Does that reduce the airflow?

Raymond Rexroad /

A sopping wet filter will slow air flow.

I recall the manual says to put 30w on it, then squeeze it out.

After putting the oil on. I squeeze the filter between paper towels, to leave an oil film, but not liquid oil.

Raymond Rexroad /

I just got my LeoVince pipes! Didn't know that FedEx delivers on Saturdays (UPS doesn't in my town).

I've haven't tried to fit it up to the bike yet. Does anybody have a pic how the silencer is supposed to mount to the frame? I'm sure I can figure it out, but a pic would be nice, too.

I hooked mine up to the extra hole behind the chain tensioner.

REX: LUCKY!! haha

yes Eric is right every videos i've seen on youtube fix it to their extra hole there

Yeah, put it through the extra hole. Make sure you loc-tite the bolt and nut. I just lost my muffler on a cruise yesterday, dented and scratched it up a little. Good thing I carry pliers in my backpack so i was able to bend the receiving end of the muffler back so it would fit on the pipe again. Also, I know I didn't leave it loose.

I never used the pipe on the stock setup (PA50 I, 20mph). Over the winter, I put a 70cc Athena kit, variator plate and wieghts, 21mm phbg kit, performance reeds and ported the block. Tuned and dialed in (96 jet) , it does 49-50 (chase car). It will cruise 40 all day at about 1/3 throttle. Stock gears. Gets about 45 mpg give or take. Initial take off is a little weak. i kind of have to push off with my feet but it picks up after about 5 mph and really starts pulling at 20-45. I weigh 205 so if you don't exceed the bikes rated limits by 55 lbs, the take off probably wouldn't be an issue.

Overall, I am very pleased with the pipe. Its built solidly, it looks decent, and performs awesome for my driving needs. Get one.

_Do not ever ride downhill with wide open throttle on a two-stroke. You will sieze your engine for sure._

I thought it was the opposite - that you didn't want to do extended downhills at CLOSED throttle, since you aren't getting any oil at that point into the cylinder - that makes more sense.

I understand you should "burp" the throttle on downhills to keep it lubed. Going up and down hills without lubrication - also referred to as "dry humping" - can be painful. Always use lube for a smooth ride.

Has anyone had to upjet? I've gained +7mph from stock but the plug looks a bit light.

lee's anus is leefungchowOG /

you can ride your bike up or down any hill at full throttle if your bike is tuned!!!! i always ride down hills and go as fast as i can AS LONG AS I AM CONFIDENT THAT I HAVE THE CORECT JET IN MY BIKE. and that it is in perfect working order. this guy who soft siezed did not change his jet. i don't care what anybody says. you change something on your bike, you change the jet. learn from this guys mistake.

where is the best place to get replacement jets for the stock hobbit carb?

does honda still sell the jets?

Stock jet is #78 correct? If so, what are you LeoVincer's upjetting to and where can you purchase them from?

these are interesting posts.

i learn something every day!. Now I know each moped is different, but here we are talking about hobbits. Im really glad for the guys and gals that are modding their peds up to get 37mph on the flat using proma pipes and doing jet mods, but its seems like minimal gains to me :(

additionally, the 70cc kits and bigger pipes tend to reduce gas mileage. Currently, I have a stock honda pa 50II and reach speeds of 37mph easily on the flats. With a long enough flat, it will go to 39. No jetting, no performance pipe, the only mod was to notch the variator as recommended by justin C. on this forum

I weigh 190 lbs, and I dont know why other hobbits (pa50II) are going so sluggishly?

Raymond Rexroad /

I dont know why other hobbits (pa50II) are going so sluggishly?

What do you mean? Not everyone has done the variator mod. There are many ways to get faster - too bad you are still in the 30's . . .

Burn.

Don't get too close to the exhaust pipe or you'll get....burned.

lol

And who rides mopeds for good gas mileage anyway??

What is the Variator mod? I must know!

Nice, here is a though check the oil in the rear end there should be like 73cc of gear oil in there?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account