QT50 Clutch Spring Mod (Pics)

Okay so I got my HoleShot clutch springs from peeweecycle.

Here are a couple pictures I took as I replaced my springs. Hopefully this will help anyone else wanting to replace the stock springs.

It was a breeze! Easy Mod.

1) Removed my Muffler

2) Removed the Crankcase drain screw, and drained the oil.

3) unscrewed the Crankcase cover (careful - philips heads strip easy)

4) removed the crankcase cover

5) removed the circlip holding the clutch houseing in place.

6) removed the clutch housing

7) slid off the clutch carrier assembly

Pretty much it. Lay it on its back, and replace the springs.

Reverse to put it back together.

1213990792_img_0073.jpg

Re: QT50 Clutch Spring Mod (Pics)

Heres the pic of the crankcase cover off. Showing the clutch housing (this pic is after i already took off the circlip.

1213990843_img_0074.jpg

Heres a pic of the big circlip

1213990862_img_0075.jpg

Clutch carrier assembly on the bike. (you can see the springs)

1213990918_img_0076.jpg

Crankcase minus the clutch carrier assembly

1213990975_img_0078.jpg

Lastly the clutch assembly ready to remove the springs.

Some descent pics of inside the right side crank case. Can see the kick start mechanism, and the oil pump gear, etc.

I hope this helps someone.

1213991060_img_0080.jpg

I was going to order a set of springs here in a week or two, so thanks that helps a lot. Did the springs help a lot. Can you give some info about the performace gains

Haven't Driven it yet. I still have the engine off. Im trying to find a damn hexagon wrench to take off the wierd screw, so I can get drive pinion out. I need to make sure all the gears are in good working order. And the transmission is the last place I need to look....

I will let you know. I added both the clutch springs, and the power reeds same time. so I'll letcha know when i get it all back together.

HEX END OF A SPARK PLUG SOCKET. THEN USE CHANNEL LOCKS TO TURN THE SOCKET OUT OR PUT A BOLT INSIDE THE SOCKET AND DOUBLE NUT THE END OF THE BOLT. THEN YOU CAN GRAB ONTO THAT AND TURN IT OUT.

any update on this? how's the bike run now?

Dedic761,

Have you done this yourself? I tried to stick the exact socket backwards on there, but the drive pinion sticks out the center of the nut. And the drive pinion was to long and wide for the spark socket to go over.

If you have had success with this, i can maybe look into other brands of spark sockets, that may have a bigger opening, and longer.

I still have not ridden it. I couldnt get the damn transmition open, so i got frusterated and just put it all back together. After starting it up with the new Jemco pipe and K&N filter, sounded GREAT!! put it into run, and gave her a couple rev's sounded even better.

Popped her off the stand, sat down and gave her some gas. Same clanking sound, and the engine died again. So no news on gains yet.

jeff,

if you end up in the future wanting your lower end back i would buy your jemco. i would pay what you paid and extra parts any day. just message me.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account