pinging/vibration

since I installed my airsal kit, it seems to make a heck of a lot more noise while running. im not sure if its vibration or pinging. I tried 93 octane fuel and it didnt change. maybe spark plug gap? im pretty sure gap for a35 is .5mm-.8mm. should the gap stay the same with the kit? i dont think it would be timing considering its CDI.

Re: pinging/vibration

oh and im already running a b7hs plug

The bigger the kit the more they do this. That is in the upper power ranges?

yeah, i mean it may be normal vibration from all the mods making a more powerful engine. im running a couple jets too rich for break in. I did what the other threads said about pinging, i used higher octane and a colder plug. the b7hs is one plug colder than the b6hs which is stock. it may be entirely normal, but i was just thinking would too tight of a spark plug gap cause pre-detonation?

A tight plug gap won't cause you probs except bad ignition. If it won't fire a wider gap you need to clean up your ign system. If you haven't checked your compresion it could be sky high. 230 on the highside and less is cool

When you put a larger cylinder and piston on, doesn't the added mass of the bigger piston cause vibration? Presumably the original combination of piston and crankshaft counterweight were designed to minimize vibration. Changing the piston would unbalance the design.

not if its machined properly...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account