Metrakit,Athena or Polini

I'M SO CONFUSED. Which one would you choose?? 65 to 70cc?

Re: Metrakit,Athena or Polini

If you are a newbie...which you obviously are.

Get the Metrakit. Very reliable cast iron kit and when tuned can output some very good performance. Tons of people doing 50 on these kits.

Although before you kit make sure you got all the necessary components to go with it. (pipe, carb, etc).

Thanks for the newb.I'm no stranger to high performance.I've been building 180-220hp air cooled VW's for about 15 years.This 2 stroke thing is throwing me a curve though.The reason i ask about the different kits is I've been told the Metra is hard to get parts for. ie:piston,rings,etc. Went to Myrons today and he sugested the Polini.Money is not an issue.I HAVE THE NEED FOR SPEED.Hell, even my lawn mower burns C-12!!!!What I'd like to do is go to some local ped events and check out some other rides.I live in Corona, about 20 miles East of OC. (CA) Peace.

well in that case get the polini. They are a bit more finicky...but are definitely the fastest out of those 3. They also have a ton of spare pistons/rings around in case you need it.

You are lucky you live on the West Coast. Thats where its at. Hit up some of the local gangs over there to show you whatsup :]

I didn't mean anything derogatory by saying Newbie. My bad if that offended you.

if it's for a puch, polini definitely.

No offense taken I thought it was funny. You gotta start somewhere. I'm trying to find who or where some of the clubs are.Thanks for all the info. :)>

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

polini is #1 no doubt. Finicky and delicate, they put out gobs of power and can actually be quite reliable if tuned properly. Too bad they cost as much as they do now.

Hey man, Lets Ride!!! I also live in corona and picked up a Sachs couple months ago. Got it going strong. Ive been looking for people to ride with, Since Myrons only has about a ride a month. Lemme know!! danielnguyen2012@hotmail.com

educatetheyouth check your mail.

WooHoo! Some kitting their bikes in my area.

I'm in Cucamonga.

It's kind of amazing. Us IE boys need to hook up and do a ride.Mine should be done in a week or so.I'm waiting for the chromer to finish my stuff.

I'm kinda waiting on my son to build one of my puch motors. But I'm still down for a ride.

I live up against the foothills, next to Victoria Gardens above the 10 & 15.

Been there.I know of 2 other guys, one works at Myron's,who live about a mile from me.That would be cool to invade Victoria's on a Friday or Sat. night.Could you imagine the noise from 30 40 or 50 bikes echoing through the streets????? BITCHEN>

That works for me!

it sounds like you've already decided on that polini...good. Streer clear of the metrakit. They're been some issues with casting lately that just suck. you don know if you'll be lucky and get a good one, or unlucky and get one that might constantly give you problems. i'm unhappy with mine.

All I have to do is find one now.

Polini all the way!

bad metras? what?

how are the castings bad exactly? i've found the mk 65's to be one of the best kits out there.

my buddy joe has built several chevy v8's, certified at over 400 horse, and he just siezed a stock bike a couple weeks ago. car knowledge doesn't necessarily transfer to mopeds.. very different creatures. If you build aircooled, carb'd vw's you should know whats up though. good luck.

I have a brand new polini with a four petal intake mounted on it, that I will sell you for $300

1213834836_polini.jpg

Sorry to inerupt the love fest but for $165 and a couple fo break-in jets you can make an Ahtena fast and durable it your not super sure what your doing why not blow up a kit that costs half as much? P.S. I have had no problems with mine and I have 800 miles on my kit and I consider myself fairly green in the moped game.

Thanks to all. Bought a Polini kit w dell carb.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account