performance shocks

what are the options out there for performance shocks for a tomos which is 280mm? the heavy duty shocks I see a lot don't look like that much of an improvement from the stock, any of you guys found any nice ones that are a bit better than stock?

Re: performance shocks

in terms of rear suspension....any spring shocks are going to feel very similar unless you get some adjustable ones.

The heavy duty ones you mentioned are for FAT PEOPLE. There aren't considered performance benefit.

You'll want to look into air or hydraulic shocks.

If you want to upgrade your suspension, I suggest looking into the nice new EBR forks.

For forks make sure you don't just get the normal spring EBR's, get the better oil dampened hydraulic ones.

"I believe TreatsHQ has them, pricer but well worth it.": http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/puch-moped-EBR-forks-DELUXE-SUPREME-magnum-maxi_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35615QQihZ008QQitemZ180249732146QQtcZphoto

Why do people upgrade suspension? To make it stiffer or something?

maybe to look cool.

i'll tell you what, those chrome front forks are pretty slick lookin

yeah, those things are nice. Since they are pretty pricey they would be one of my last upgrades. what about rear shocks though? anyone know of some good adjustable 280mm hydrolic or oil shocks?

I'm mainly looking for better shocks for a smoother ride, and to reduce some of the vibration a little from all the mods i have.

hydrolic honda mini bike shocks work good

i got some for a magnum, and put em on my tomos when i sold the magnum. they were off ww.50cc.nl

they are a lil tall, 300mm or somthing, but they are 5 way ajustable and super stiff.

just gotta find level ground to park on...

I guess you guys ride your peds in straight lines all day so it doesn't matter but in terms of handling in corners and such, suspension is crucial.

If tuned right, it will allow more grip in turns among other benefits.

Hydraulic and Air setups are extremely smooth across the pavement and can "absorb" the cracks in the road versus springs which are more bouncy.

Google it and read up.

yeah... i know i do.

are you trying to say you turn your moped??

wow!~SABAT!

sorry I shoudnt have said "you guys"

the comment was directed Jensaroo

don't mind me, im a fucktard.

coco, where did you get those hydrolic honda mini bike shocks?

anyone know if the adjustable tomos shocks that treats and 1977 sell are any good?

they are just stiffer ... for a stiffer ride lol

you probably want gas or hydrolic if you are looking for true preformance

i got my shocks off a old honda mini bike

where would I get a pair of these honda hydraulic mini bike shocks?

are tomos shock eyebolts 12mm too?

If you have a Tomos, and you have a pair of hands and a set of properly working eyes, go check it out...

Do you chew your own food?

maybe i dont have the tools or a micrometer. and maybe we don't need prics like you on this forum. this forum is about helping people, and synergy, and a good community. If you dont want to abide by it then go somewhere else. I spend my time on this forum helping people with little and big problems, even if sometimes they could figure it out themselves one way or another eventually because thats what this place is about. If you dont have anything good to say or contribute then dont say it at all.

Why don't you make your name come true, prick?

I've never seen you spend any time helping people on this forum. And I will help you, when you've got a serious issue. Not some "I"m too lazy to get my fat ass off the couch" issue.

How hard is it to take a tapemeasure and measure threads? You don't need a micrometer to measure a frigging thread. If the nut is M8, it's 12mm.

the only way i can measure the thing is if i take off the shock, which i dont know how to do right now. The only thing i can measure is the casing around it. so I have no way of measuring it without taking the bolt off which could be dangerous because i dont want a shock flying in my face. And even if I could, I dont have a any metric wrenches at the moment, or even a metric tapemeasurer at the moment. I previously had no clue that an M8 nut meant a 12mm bolt, so sorry for not having much money or being so technically inclined. and i even did a search to see if I could find it elsewhere, but found nothing, which is the only reason I asked. And if you want to do a search you can see me on threads.

Your shock won't go flying off if you take the nut off. Only if you disassemble the shock itself.

You can take the nut off with an adjustable wrench.

You don't need a metric tape measure. 12mm is 0.47 inch.

thank you thats all im asking. i just want some courtesy thats all. I just dont want people being negative to each other on this forum. I think that if we can't have a courtious environment here, even for small question, it will make even newbies (which i am on some subjects like shocks) have a negative outlook on mopeds, and it will hurt us spreading the fun of mopeds. Unfortunately, I have to get a allen wrench to get the things off though, so im going out to buy a set soon. Thank you for helping me out.

order the Tomos streetmate r shocks and put them on your sprint. The are rad! The shocks benji sells are slightly shorter than the stocks ones. Order the longer 300mm and make them fit. Thank me later.

Thanks TOMMY!!!!

thanks man

Ben Van Zoest /

Do performance shocks make you go faster, just wondering?

yes, way faster.

If a suspension works better it keeps better contact with the road surface providing better/safer handeling, and braking. You will not see an increase of acceleration, or top speed, but you can ride faster; braking later into turns, and taking more speed into, and through turns. Thus carrying more speed out of turns.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account