tomos clutch

i want make my clutch engage of idle later.

how can i achieve this

Re: tomos clutch

Raymond Wright IV /

what do you mean?

you want to engage your clutches later?

I think you mean you want it to rev higher before engaging?

A centrifugal clutch responds to Revs, If it looks like my puch inside, then get tougher springs. i never peeked in a tomos.

"Clutch springs": http://www.1977mopeds.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=696

different. clutchs are different on a tomos.

im working on it. i will document clutch tuning within the month.

but you need to make the springs tighter or the weights lighter, and force them to grip better.

im going with channels, and a cut first and 2nd gear springs.

you want burnouts?

burnouts?

cut first gear spring, and cutting some channels will allow the engine to rev higher before the clutch grips the out-side of the clutch drum.

will this effect 1st to 2nd also?

no. the clutchs are seperate.

egnine spins, centrifical momentum forces 1st gear weights to push open spring, first gear grabs clutch drum, wheel spins, aceleration until 2nd gear weights push open their springs, wheel drives off 2nd gear, at tis point both blutchs are grabbing.

could you put in a 3rd gear?

that would be nuts!

no room. and no.

thought about a 80cc dirtbike engine tomos makes.

would it bolt in?

if so i would deffinatly buy one!

oh, wait, it isnt automatic is it?

i think is auto/manual aka no clutch. like you just tap it into what speed you want.

did you see the pipe on it? it looks crazy!

even the 50cc dirtbike's pipe looks crazy sweet.

if i cant get a motor i want that pipe!

All those models shown above have the same exact A35 engine as the tomos moped models. The mc80 has 3 speed semi-automatic (made by minarelli or yamaha perhaps?) but I'm fairly certain the mounts are different.

really? exactly the same? what do you mean?

maybe we could buy some dirtbike tranny parts and splice them with a moped?

that'd be nuts!

you could get a shit load of power from one of those

What I mean is, the mc50 models shown in that picture have the same exact A35 motor and transmission as the moped models. Same horsepower, same cylinders, same 2 speed automatic transmission.

putting a dirt bike engine into my moped is something i've always thought about. you know, just find a cheap dirt bike for sale around on somebody's lawn and take out the engine and mount it. the most appealing part of the whole idea is having more than 2 gears. dont some people in europe have mopeds with more than 2 gears?

where could i get a pipe like that?

You could order one from your local tomos dealer.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account