Review: Oil Dampened EBR forks

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

Ok so today i tried out the oil dampened ebr forks that treats hq has just gotten in. They are one word: awesome.

I have been using regular magnum ebr's for the past week, and they pale in comparison to these. Granted I havent taken these up past 40 yet (i had the regular ebrs at 50, and without a stabilizer bar its... yeah) but oh man.

first off, SOLID as hell. I havent noticed any torsion of the forks, which the regular ebrs are prone too without a stabilizer or a fender on them. These things are rock solid. They are really comfortable and smooth riding too. They are also much thicker tubes and triple tree than the regular ebrs. Think hydraulic OG magnum forks. Like that, but probably better.

I do believe they come with fluid in them, but dont know what you would fill them with. ATF maybe?

heres pictures of my bike. ALso, the last picture compares the two, I dont know if you can tell the difference in size or not, but its significant

ps; a 19mm carb on a gilardoni doesnt do it justice. 21mm or higher.

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/8031/pic1py7.jpg

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/7272/pic2rj2.jpg

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/9854/pic3sm3.jpg

Re: Review: Oil Dampened EBR forks

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

cool. They look pretty solid, but a bit expensive, no? I guess if I didn't have my super EBR's, I'd be whining, as the stock ones suck bad.

Hey, any chance you were at Tampico's the other night and got like a taco? My friend said he saw someone with a ratty magnum there, and I figured it must be you.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

oh yea, any particular reason you chose the inverted over the others? Seems like both have good characteristics, but I though the triple tree on the other one looked much more substantial.

the inverted ones are oil dampened, i dont think the others are.

I think I need these.

yow, mait, what sort of ebr's are worth a damn on a moby?

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

yes! that was me at tampicos. tell your friend to start riding mopeds. Or you guys should come join me. Sunday nights, 4 tacos and a beer for 5 bucks.

The triple tree I think is a little beefier on the others, but the tubes are pretty much similar in size. Plus these are oil dampened.

dear lord, best ride ever. Considering the next oil dampened forks are 160 (tomos forks from 1977), and i do believe the tomos ones are probably as beefy as regular ebr's, these are worth the money.

if you can afford it, get em. well worth tha money.

As far as im aware, the tomos ones are the best bet for a moby. Im going to try my regular magnum ebrs tho, see how they do

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

my friend does have a moped and rides a lot, maybe more than me. Shoot, he took it with him to montana to ride in the winter.

I'd be down on a sunday. Tampico's is the shit. Their soup and chimichanga's and 4 tacos for $5, count me in. I'll hit you up.

Probably fill them with hydraulic fork oil, they should have it at any motorcycle shop.

lol, why would you fill forks with atf.....

I saw them on treats and nearly shit my pants. Saving up for a set right nowwwwww.

Hey Maitland looking good!

Could you take a photo looking down on the top plate?

The Tomos forks ($160 ones from 77) are as beefy as a little motocycle set!

Plus the through axles they have alow less deflection of the front wheel in corners, and make a cross brace not as necissary!

I love mine!

It's good to see all these new suspension options for our mopeds though. Suspension is underrated!!!!

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

these oil dampened ebrs have almost no deflection of the front wheel.

but good to know those tomos forks from 77 are big and burly.

paz ill get a pic today

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account