spark plugs for kitted bikes

just want to know what a good spark plug is for a 70cc kitted bike. i should have all of my stuff together by next week and want to know what a good spark plug would be.

thanks

Re: spark plugs for kitted bikes

NGK b7hs

its true. if youre running hotter because you upped your compression or advanced your timing you might want to go even cooler, like a b8hs.

sounds great.

where can i find em? anywherez?

autozone employees will look at you funny then try to sell you some kind of champion version.

try motorcycle shops, or even better, places that sell dirtbikes and shit.

My Malossi 64 recommends b8hs

O'Reilly Auto Parts has NGK spark plugs if you've got one of those in your area.

This could become a huge arguement but I say B5 dill you die. All mopeds All kits.

Plug heat and Head heat are not related.

one in my hometown!

B5? No way man. B5 for stock, for sure. not that im any advanced ped tuner, but when i put my 62 kit on my moby i ran my B5HS because its all i had around. Ran great for 30 minutes then i lost all my lowend. Threw a B6 in there, still not enough, so i got a B8HS and thats done me fine. Definitely made a difference.

A B6 on my bike will turn funny colors and flake the chrome off the metal. A B8 works fine. Running too hot of a plug on a bike will cause you get get holes in your piston dome. True story.

yea the instructions that came with my airsal 70cc recommend a 7.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

B8HS for me. I don't like hotter plugs. You get heat fade and lose some power as it warms up. Yea that means you have consistently less power, rather than more power initially to a bit less later.

spark plugs for kitted bikes

Fleet Farm for plugs if you have them in the Twinn Cities.

hot enough to keep itself from fouling but cool enough to not melt itself or make a hotspot for detonation.

how bout for a 50cc tccd kit? should i go with a B6, 7, or 8?

watever plug runs best and doesn't foul out.

ie if ur bike slows down and loses lowend ect. after driving around for a bit then u need a cooler plug,

On my 80 would I be okay running a 7 or?

what about for break in? i haven't slapped the kit on yet, should i do anything special plug wise?

oh, and what's the dangers/signs of a plug that's too cold?

fouling

hmmm, any more opinions?

looks like i'll be going with B8 probably.

just picked up a couple of b6's and b7's for my 50cc tccd kit. i'll update later this week with results.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

on a gila 80 im using a b9hs.

I'm running b5hs right now on mine, but thats cause I'm doing break-ins and with 16:1 and 5 sizes too rich a b8 would probly last 20 minutes. I just switched to 32:1 tonight (still very rich), but when I downjet in 50 miles or so I will go b8 for sure.

dont take this wrong, but the plug dissapates its heat into the head. a hot plug may trap more heat in the engine(more power), but it is most likely gonna trash a kit.

meh.~SABAT!

I ran a b6hs on my ciao it over heated every block at WOT. I put the reg old b7hs back in and it was gone.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account