Puch Parmakit Problems (PPP, yes!)

So I've got this parmakit on my ZA50. I've tried two exhausts, a boss and a bullet. They both refuse to sit correctly to do a proper mount job.

The exhaust's mount wants to sit behind the bike's mount(the one that comes out from the pedal crankarm). That is to say, the exhaust's mount wants to sit in between the bike's mount and wheel. I can force the exhaust to mount on the outside of the bike's mount, but this seems to put too much pressure on the cylinder resulting in air leaks.

Has anyone experienced a problem like this with or without a parmakit? I've never heard of this happening and really don't know what the right solution is. If I mount the exhaust between the bike's mount and the wheel then the chain slaps the exhaust. That is obviously not going to be okay.

Any ideas?

bend the pipe!

Re: Puch Parmakit Problems (PPP, yes!)

This is what I had to do with a bullet. But you have a ZA 50, not sure if it is gonna sit differently than an e50

1211345066_downsized_0409081924.jpg

Can you recommend a trusted way to bend a pipe, brennan?

Trusted? uh, you are talking to the wrong guy, man. I just hit the part I want to bend with a torch until that fucker is glowy red, toss it in a vice and bend away.

I'm not known for doing things the right way. I'm more of a 'make it work' kind of guy.

yikes! just make a mount with a metal bracket. done and done.

Parma 80 kit ? angled exhaust port?

You need professional help.

yeah i remember the first time i met you some guy was talking about some part he needed, and you just dove into this massive messenger bag you had which was full of every kind of part, just sort of haphazardly hanging out in there . . . hah.

take it to a damn muffler shop.

have them cut and weld it for you for $20 while you wait.

It isn't the 80cc kit. I wouldn't do that to myself.

I can't use a bracket because even if I do the expansion chamber sits too close to the chain. I'm pretty sure bending it is the only way to go.

Yeah, bend it yourself with a torch or take it to a muffler shop that has someone who can weld.

If you need to change the angle just a little bit, you can also dremmel out the holes in the flange a bit so that you can angle the exhaust out away from the chain. I did this for a Puch Leo Vince that I was mounting to a Minarelli engine on a Motron and it worked great.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account