Led conversion

Has anyone tried these 6V LEDs or has anyone found one they they know to work? Would I still need a resistor and or regulator?

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=OTHER

Re: Led conversion

I've been using the 6v AC LED's from superbrightleds for about a week now. The only problem I have is that they don't fit behind the taillight lens on either version of the CEV taillight. I"m only using them right now because the lens fell off my daily rider.

They do, however, work excellent. They have regulator/rectifier systems built in, so you don't need any additional electronics to run them. They're bright at idle, they don't blow at high rpms.

wait, can you just plug the 1157 ones into the 1157 bulb slot already in the light setup???????

which would be the front light now that i think about it. hah.

I just hooked up the 12v lighting coil, 12v headlight bulb, and LED tail lights and they ran great...for 5 min. Now theyre all blown. I think I need a regulator. Anyone rig up a 12v lighting coil and voltage regulator?

I run a "truck Marker Light" from a truckstop on my ped...

It is 12V, my bike is 6V, lights up bright and works well!

It was $12....

Raymond Rexroad /

12V regulator source:

http://dratv.stores.yahoo.net/12vre2.html

Hope this helps.

Jon Smith /

One that there volatage regulator, too hook it up properly, does the pink one go to ground, and all the light wires all twist with the yellow?

Led conversion

I've use the 12 V lights from Superbright on my Tomos, but it's a 12 volt system and it has a voltage regulator. They work well. The electronic flasher gizmo also works well.

i run mine unregulated no problem.

the only problem i get is solder joints breaking in my led 1157.i took it apart and solderded the wire straight to the cuircit board and got a second life out of it

both myself and jona had the tail lights from superbright we both blew them. mine lasted a few days, his lasted 10 mins (polini). both were on a 6v system. i'm converting to 12v this winter. roberto, keep us updated on what you figure out.

I use 12V lights and a separate battery. I gotta charge the battery true, but full brightness all the time and no blowouts.

I've used the 12V red LED taillight bulbs (dual intensity for light and light w/ brake) on a 6V ped. They're available 4cheap at Auto parts stores, and you've got no chance of blowing them.

The one I use on my Express is perfectly bright with the brake engaged, but a little dim otherwise. The thing to remember is that red LEDs have a much higher light output than other LED colors, so the 12 volt red LED bulb isn't as dim running on 6 volts as a 12 volt incandescent would be.

I wouldn't recommend just using one of these as a normal bulb, but if someone is looking for a way to run a cheap, bright, non-blowable single-intensity taillight, you can just wire one of these into your system.

Ok its been almost five months Ive ran these bulbs. The 6V ones. No problems. Still love them. Instantaneous response and bright.

Its on a 77'Sachs Foxi tail light....aka 77 Puch tail light..... aka 77 moby tail light. They are a tight squeeze but they WILL fit. You want the !!((1156))!! not the 1157. And yes get red. My friend has been running the 12V equivalent bought from...... Kragen (dont quote)? Still working fine but not as bright.

This one:

1156-x19-6V LED bulb - 6 Volt

19-LED 6 Volt replacement bulb

15mm Single Intensity Bayonet Base

With 19 Wide Viewing Angle LEDs

Non-Polarized bulb can be with Positive or Negative ground vehicle

Available with Red,

////////Note this is for bikes with two separate bulbs!!!!!!!!!!

So you need a pair.

Hope this helps.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account