Sachs Kit/Exhaust Performance Dicussion

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

Ok, so I'm confused on what is available for my sachs 505. I've done some searches and seen the mention of the following:

70cc Athena reed-valve

80cc Athena reed-valve

Further searching shows there is also:

70cc Athena piston port

70cc Airsal piston port

Now in speaking with some folks knowledgeable with what is available, it sounds as if the only reed-valve kit is in actuality the Athena "80cc" which is in fact 86cc. Apparently the 70cc reed-vavle is either no longer available, or never existed. In an old Smitty thread, he repeatedly mentioned just how huge the kit seemed for 70cc's.

I've not been able to find much on the 2 available piston port kits, so I'm not sure what to assume there.

So yea, whats the deal? I am capable of tuning the 86cc Athena, but it almost seems excessive. I've heard it is a bit tough to really dial in as it is a bit finiky, but once that is done, it is a real screamer.

As far as exhaust goes, it seems the only true Sachs designed option is Gianelli circuit which is no longer available. I've seen other pipes adapted, including Tomos biturbo and bullet, and Treats mentions the Peugeot Simonini is possibly adaptable.

Are there any other easily convertible options? I know beyond that anything is adaptable, but I'm more curious what has been done (and results), both on stock cylinders as well as the above mentioned kits.

I feel there isn't nearly enough Sachs performance discussion, so lets get the ball rolling!

Re: Sachs Kit/Exhaust Performance Dicussion

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

your clutch will blow up! guaranteed!

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

yea, I know that much.

You missed the Autisa 62cc kit and yes the Sachs clutch is weaksauce.

I can make you a bracket to mount the peugeot simonini, well maybe in a few more days waiting on someone to send me new measurements, unless you can find the polini made pipe for the pug, that is what i have on my sachs 70cc piston port kit, then I have a bracket to fit

so anyone actually figured out the real size of the kits- you know like with math?

What's the bore diameter of the different kits?

I found 6 kits break> 38mm (stock bore) =48cc, 50cc w/ D

45mm = 67cc, 69cc /D

48mm = 76cc, 80cc /D

i've got the 80cc kit (he says 86cc IDK)from treats last summer ran with 19phbg and hacked up biturbo. currently working with Crackstar to get the peugeot simo pipe hooked up i test rode it and it def is going to be better but how much IDK. Buy lots of loctite and if you dont get everything you wil because everything will rattle off. Since pipes are non existant you can probably pick whatever and fab it up ive seen estorils, homo pipes ,circuits, biturbos, etc so its up to you what you want to try really. Only thing with the pipes is mounting the rear because the engine shakes so much and is rubber mounted i had lots of problems with the biturbo thats why im exccited for the simonini with crackstars bracket mounting to the bottom of the engine.

and ditch decomp valve and put a bolt in there.

Are sachs kits like sachs stock jugs, where the head doesn't exist? That is to say, the top end is one piece and therefore they can't sucker you with a good kit price then be like oh heres the head for another 80 bucks. Also, I'm gonna take my top end off soon to decarbonize/put new rings in. How is this procedure different from a normal bike where you can take the head off. I'm sure I will find out when I do it in a couple days, I am just wondering if there are some quirks I shoyuld know about.

call up motomatic. :)

yes, the kit topend is one big piece like the stock topend.

the athena 70cc reedvalve exists but i don't believe it is available any longer. i have one. i got it from 50cc.nl last winter.

clutches are weak but whatever. it's still fun. ha.

there is not nearly enough sachs performance tuning shit going on in here. sigh. stumbling through the abyss.

Ϫ‡☄ಬ∞ ƀƖḬƝƊ ƤǂƿƎ ∞ಬ☄‡Ϫ - Hoke from Black Pipes Moped Gang /

right so we all agree that the stock clutch is junk.... so here's what i want to know.... are there any upgrades for it? lets say you toast the clutch, how hard is it to change out?

my totally stock mopet goes 25..... sometimes on a LLLLOOONGGG ride it will go 30 on flatland....like after it warms up i think? anyway.......

SAY YES TO SACHS PERFORMANCE TUNING!!!!!

Yeah, I know theres dudes on here that make pipes for expresses and whatever, and I remember some dude making pipes for kitted sachs, but where can I get my hands on a pipe for a stock sachs. I am tempted to hack and weld this used next from a scooter hanging on the wall at my local scooter store, but I don't have an extry stock exhaust. Anyone got a spare header they want to sell?

I hacked one together from bumper over riders off an older vw bug- each over rider gives you 2 header-pipes. Just say to yourself over and over- metal is metal.

It's also easier if you know a guy who's tripping over the damn things.

so what do you guys suggest about fisixing the clutch issue?

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

fab up a minarelli engine. lol.

Well for starters you can change out your fluid more often, and change the disks when they start slipping.

Definately needs to be more sachs performance stuff. I spent the last few days searching everything for kitted sach's on here. Someone please make a performance clutch!!!! Mine is sure to blow up soon once i get the kit on.

Has anyone actually had one blow up or are you talking about the nut coming off or slipping like crazy. I just put my Autisia on and its really cool. A well built kit. My clutch was slipping before I put it on but ill rebuild it. Cant wait till its broken in. Any thoughts on adding wait to the donut? I was thinking of adding thick segments of steel wire inside the donut. Multiple short segments that wouldn't disrupt the function. You would just have to balance them as best you can.

bringing this back for an update because the gianelli circuit, Athena 80cc reed and 70cc piston port as well as a CDI are all available currently...

Peugeot pipes seem to be the best for fit, because they mount flat, have flex built in that can absorb most of the vibration, and there is a HUGE variety.

The gianelli for sachs cracks from vibration pretty easily, it's supposed to be a mid range pipe. It's plenty fast on the 80cc reedvalve kit. I haven't tried any other pipes yet because I'm broker than broke and have been for a damn long time.

Right now, my clutch set up is 7 piece, with 3 metal/fiber plates and 4 thin metal plates. Torque, large nut and threadlock came undone. Now, I've got a thinner nut, torqued down, threadlocked, with a bicycle axle nut (m10x1) double nutted, torqued and peened. We'll see how long that holds.

nerdzilla No mo Peds no mo /

i got n alsil quich. cheap and easy mount up.

yes to sachs tuning. i dont care if others wana hate. i love mine.

Probably Fred /

This kit is 76cc not 86cc or 80cc

1266545749_p9190167.jpg

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account