21 Dellorto carb on Hobbit and the letfover parts

So I finally got a hold of the Malossi carb kit for my Hobbit. It took way longer to put on than I thought it would (about 2 hours). But I got it. It roared to life like it was a fucking motorcycle. I'm having some problems though. The cable is getting stuck, which makes the engine rev uncontrollably. I switched to a new Magura control so the carb would open all the way but there's no place to anchor the throttle cable's sleeve. I think this part of my problem. On the old set up the cable sleeve screwed into the control on the top and went in the brace the held it steady down on the intake side. Now I just have that bent tube coming out of the top of the carb with the cable coming out of it, and up top the end of the sleeve butting up against the controls. I'm guessing I just need to find a way to anchor one side so that when I rev it's not pulling the whole sleeve too. Right? I also had a whole bunch of left over parts when I was done that I don't know what to do with. If this kit was tailored for the Camino shouldn't I be using every part in it? Maybe one of these parts can solve my issue. I hope so, Moped Monday is now less than 24 hours away. HALP!

Here are some hints. Part #7 is for sure a choke lever. But I really can't tell how to install it. Part #5 will fit on to the top of the carb, and then leave it useless because I can't get the throttle cable out the top. And part number one is a nut, that does not really seem to fit anywhere.

Re: 21 Dellorto carb on Hobbit and the letfover pa

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

use 4 and 5 together, they make it so that the throttle cable can safely make a 90 degree exit right out of the throttle tube and not get in the way of anything.

my buddy has done this, and this is exactly what he had to do

the rest you dont need as far as i know.

ps: 4 goes below 5, and the cable goes between them.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

oh wait, 3 and 7 join forces to let you mount hte choke lever anywhere.

Sweet! The choke I'm not so worried about. Good to know though, I thought that lever had to be mounted on top of the carb! But about parts 4 and 5. So I should then not use the half inch long, right angle shaped, metal tube for guiding the throttle cable out? Maybe that's for the choke cable that's not right underneath the frame? Will those parts hold the throttle cable sleeve steady do you think?

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

yeah, replace the dellorto carb top with that malossi one and just dont bother with the elbow. it works perfectly. The end of the throttle sheath will nestle itself snugly into the malossi 4 and 5. It will hold just as well as the right angle tube.

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

yeah dude, that sweet carb topper does the same as the metal noodle that you have on there, only gives you much more clearance over head for the frame to bounce around.

So am I correct to think part 1 goes in the location that the choke screws into and then part 2 screws into that part and allows you to use a plunger with a cable choke. You then use part 3 with part 6 to mount part 7 onto the frame at some location and then run a throttle cable and housing down to part 1 and to 2 and hook it into the plunger for the choke? For some reason I really wanted to say all of that, but I think it makes sense.

-naz

King Drunky JCams /

I had to dremel away a bit of the metal tabs that run under the "foot rest" panels in order to run the cable up and out the back of my hobbit.

If you try to put the choke lever on the handlebars, the choke cable will kink where it meets the carb because you are trying to make a 90 degree turn with it.

I actually dremeled a small groove in my plastic foot rest panel so that the cable could be held in place between it and the frame.

There has to be a better way to mount it as to not kink the choke cable, though I've not found it yet.

Hope this helps you.

I think if I use the right angle tube piece I have on my throttle cable now, on the choke then the problem of a kinked choke cable goes away. Eh, JC?

Michael Mike, I'll bring the extra parts tonight and you can explain your mumbo jumbo.

King Drunky JCams /

Possibly, but it's a real tight fit in there...

I'm sure you'll figure out something. Take a pic or two and show us how you run the choke cable and where you mount it.

Good luck.

I didn't read all of that shit, because you're picture's so big that I had to scroll around to read it, and that shit's gay. also gay is you, you could have picked up a 21 mm keine for way cheaper. way to be a gay pants. gay.

Rebuttal

i'm pretty sure #2 is for adjusting the throttle cable tension. you slip the the throttle cable through it (it's hollow in the middle, right?) and the threaded tip fits into #4. the twisty part slips over the cable housing tip, and then by screwing it in or out you adjust the tension. i say "pretty sure" because there's a part just like that on my throttle cable that works that way, but i have a different set up than you so it could be something else.

Hummm. Yes, #2 is hollow. But there's no real way to secure it to the sleeve or part #4. I'll give it a try when I get home. I think I might have it all figured out now. Thanks dudes!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account