Goin 80cc

Decided to go 80cc on my sachs 504. Any advice for a clutch mod? It does have the clearance right? Anyone have one on a sparta foxi? Looks like plenty of room to me. Anyone know what jet I should start with? Carb advice? Heres what i planning:

Athena 80cc

Delorto 20mm Should I get the racing model? Are there better filters?

tomos Bi turbo I already have on there.

Re: Goin 80cc

***VANILLA BLUNDER*** /

email buffalo brandon E, his brother did one for somebody. i think he can point you in the right directin

if this is your first kit, i cannot strogly enough reccomend you dont go with this kit. It is a mean, nasty son of a bitch. If set up perfectly, done right, and driven gently, you'll survive. every nut will shake loose and need to be loctited. but you wont blow up. Get greedy with the throttle, especially if you aren't re-geared, and you can smoke it pretty easy. I've never put on the 70 but i bet its much more forgiving.

This is the only kit I can find.

and there is no clutch mod. its a wet multi plate/disc setup. There is no real way of altering it to "hook up" later.

Has anyone tried those plates from treats or playing with the fluid? I tried 10w30 synthetic in there. It seemed to help for a bit but now it feels like the plates polished up again.

I decided against this kit. Doesnt seem like it will be worth it. A lot of negative feed back. Just gonna keep modding the stock cylinder.

Has anyone come up with a simple forward facing intake for this motor (504)? I was thinking of using a tent pole. Is that to thin? I was also wondering if you want the interior to be polished smooth or textured increasing surface area and fuel vapor?

Dave -

I'm going to be in the same boat as you pretty soon. I'm doing a semi-custom Foxi build for my girlfriend and want to do a few mods to the engine so it gets her around 36-38. I've got two cylinders, one off a complete engine that had the entire clutch removed. The other was an ebay special. Both 5041A engines.

Maitland pretty much convinced me that any large kit on that engine will blow the clutch up. I guess it's not very well made. Otherwise, I've taken the heads off and it's true what people say - porting a 504 is going to be very hard. I think the best way is going to be modding a custom intake from a Puch 14mm intake. I would also maybe drive without the air filter and see what it does.

I know, man...I really wanted that big 80cc reed kit that treats has right now. I'm sure it BLASTS. But from the sounds of it, the clutch won't make more than 100 miles.

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

kevin b of mosquito fleet has very many miles on his 80cc sachs

Does he ever go full throttle? Because all I here is its to scary.

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

his kit is years old, i've seen him get on it a few times. i saw him spank a crotch rocket once.

this is on a 2 speed sachs motor, btw

i've figured out both the clutch problems. my lightened/tightened auto will be at k'zoo and expect to see my beefed up manual sometime mid-summer.

even with the high-stall mod, the auto clutch has been holding up well, but i'm also running stock gearing, and i'm breaking it in. i'll probably blow it up when i go to taller gears.

i'm just sayin' its not a good kit for your first time.

High stall mod? Tell me more.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account