How fast can my Puch go without a kit?

How fast can I make my Maxi run without kitting it? I have a 2hp E50 on a rigid frame that does about 33mph now. Is there anything I can do to get it up to 40 without all this kit crap?

thanks MA'ers

Re: How fast can my Puch go without a kit?

its not crap.

It's alot of crap to go through and buy for a $75 moped.

Sorry, don't mean to be offnesive, just don't want to spend so much money on this thing.

port the cylinder and case, upjet, drill 4 holes in the exhaust baffle.

You can get it to 50 if your skilled. Nice bike. Search the threads. This has been covered. Start with a pipe, jetting, high flow filter. Then keep reading. Look into gearing, porting and other mods.

Yeah, I read some of the porting stuff, just was not sure what to expect performance wise.

$75 you lucky bastard. Try $500 on west coast.

It's not pretty, but it runs. Hard to find engine covers though the rest is mostly there.

I'd love to see 50 mph on a ported stock puch cylinder, even with the sweetest pipe and biggest carb you can find. High-30s, low 40s is much more realistic.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

I'VE seen 50, but its on a stock (kinda) a35 cylinder on a e50. It screems, it blasted me all night.

Tonite I was running like 42 on a korado cylinder with a stock exhaust and 19 phbg. i think with simo-power it should be doing 50ish easy.

"I

I have a stock maxi with 12mm carb and a bullet pipe that goes 40.

Get a pipe, set your timing, and tune it up.

Fair enough, point taken, everyone. Though I feel like korado cylinders are an exception, because you start out from such a different place than with the other stock puch cylinders. I'm not saying 50 isn't possible, I'm just saying I'd like to see it with my own eyes.

What pipe and carb are you running, Carl? And what cylinder did you start with?

Are stock PUch pipes restricted?

Are the pipes on a stock '78 Puch MKII Sport restricted in any way?

Thanks.

Re: Are stock PUch pipes restricted?

fish_SHARK /

upper 40's and into the 50's isn't too difficult with a korado. as for korado jugs being stock, yeah i would say so, it come from a stock bike that is restricted to 30mph, the power is there, just being held back.

Seattle has some FAST #3 cylinders. High 40s fast.

Brendan Chenelle /

My newport used to go about 40 before I did anything to it besides ditch the airbox and go with a new filter and a biturbo.

he just wants to know if he pipe is restricted damn it!

idk puch very well but if it is like my stock tomos pipe there is a baffle in the end you can take out.

mine gave me about +4mph with 1 minute and a screw driver

why do you have so many mopeds but asking a question that most noobs could tell you?

prob his first puch. With a rigid you have some help in the weight dept. You can get there, good luck.

whoa i was drunk when i posted about my ported 50 going 47mph but in answer to your question it's a ported 50 with 19mm carb and biturbo.

at least it was about 20 minutes ago.

now it's a ported 70; amazing what you can do when you have a morning off.

32 ft/s

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account