GARELLI REAR SPROCKET SWAP

newly installed polini big bore kit, 21mm dellorto and probly tecno boss pipe. how many teeth rear sprocket should i run?

Re: GARELLI REAR SPROCKET SWAP

what sprocket is on now? how does it perform?

it has a 36 tooth on it right now and we havn't installed the kit yet. with stock cylinder it runs just over 30mph but is tached pretty high.

32 tooth on that i mean.

tached pretty high? explain.

i would worry about getting the kit on, jetted right, and broken in before thinking about gearing.

with a kit you'll have more power. you can either use that power to achieve a higher top speed and/or a better take off. if you keep stock gearing you will likely get both. when its all running and broken in and you've ridden it enough to know it's new characteristics and you feel you like to swap some of you new top speed for better take off or vice versa, you can deal with it then.

and you feel you'd like to swap some of your new top speed

tached high... revved high. thank you for the advice.

Go to Handybikes.com. Find, search, do whatever it takes to find sprockets that start with "z=" or "Z-" You'd want a Z=26, Z-28, etc. If you can't find one, then any tomos rear sprocket will work with 10 minutes of filing the bolt holes out about a quarter inch (works, won't break and isn't hard to do with a good thin file.)

I have some sprockets as well, may or may not need modified. $10 shipped, email if needed.

yeah do what martin says, I find 31 is a pretty damn good gear, I've got a 27 as well, I was not as happy with that one. you may be very satisfied with that 32, and if not, I think changing the front sprocket up one tooth might be promising, I have not tried swapping out the front gear yet, it may require some case modification. no big deal it just backs up into the stator compartment.

no speed tests, or anything with these sprocks, I dont have gps or a speedo, but I hit about 50 (or so im told by my fellow motorcycle friend) and thats with a 31 toof.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account