Tunning 60cc kit

Newby + mechanic + 60 big bore kit + unit filter +qt50 = Paul at Peewee told me the sixty kit would be eactly the same as the my 49 with not much of a variable on jetting if any, he said pull the pin all the way up on the carb and plug chop after, but he had a k&n as a model and I got the uni so one of the cooler cats told me to grab 75 through 70 I'm gonna run 25-1 and chop a lot until I feel comfortable to ride it again. I have read a lot and really think this is with out a doubt the coolest way to break into moped listening to you tinkerers,I really think you guys are the goods, I am a ameba but I've got cash and patients and one or two friends that are mopedians and with there help and a few good tips I hope not to blow her up. Any bets?gonna run the 75 at start up and go from there?

sam

Re: Tunning 60cc kit

Fukn car mechanic, no were both two stroke motercycle guys, but neither one of us seen a piston like this, both sides are the same, and she's got an arrow, we aimed it at the exhaust side but were def gonna check it before we wreck it.

yes arrow at exhaust

Wait, what kit did you get for a qt50? where and how much? strait bolt on or fabrication required?

i'm guessin' its a qt60 jug, available from any yamaha dealership or on feebay from some people.

75 jet should be in the ballpark. the 77.5 jet i have gives me plenty of fourstroking on the top end.

paul said it was his kit,built to his specks at pewwee,however it came in a bone stock looking box with yamaha all over it.the head definately doesn't look like yamahas head it huge and raiser thin, should do a great job cooling.Jon really appreciate every thing i've read that you said, been reading a lot of threads but your views seem the most verifiable.Madtown I think it was you that said better learn more before i hit the kit, well i've been reading and I'll let you know we are going to fire it up tomorrow, by the way pewee fukd up and did not send my jets and they billed me, so hopefully the kit is better than there shipping dept.thanks for all the input i'm going to hit the pipe next.Jon I have guessed that a little four stroking is not that bad especially if your already accomplishing the speed you desire, is that so? how much is enough vs too little.

there's nothing wrong with a little four stroking, atleast then you know you're not running lean. then again if you can get a few more mph out of a bike by buying a part that costs a few bucks, it's certainly worth it to buy more jets.

Jon got the thing going this morning, did a plug chop it looked great. Put the 75 in there and ran the 25-1 and it seems perfect just a little fat on the plug. Gonna ride it a hundred or so just like that maybe go through a plug or two and then maybe go to 32-1. When I go to the jemco pipe next i've got a 78 to put in what do you think?

thanks

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account