First time jetting

So I'm sporting a 76 puch maxi and just replaced the stock exhaust with a Bullet exhaust. So, time to re-jet the carb (Bing 15mm) right? Well, I don't know how to go about this. I've got a # 62 jet in there now, is the new exhaust going to make me want to go up in jet size or down? Should I buy a couple in both direction, like a #58 and a #76? Any veteran help or advice would be appreciated.

Take it sleazy.

Re: First time jetting

You will need bigger jets 2 -3 sizes most likely.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

You're going to want to go up, but not that much. I'd buy a 64, and a 66 at least. Really though, as long as you're buying jets, I'd get a big range.

But don't jump from 62 to 76. That is a huge leap in the world of jets.

Also, learn how to do good plug chops, and learn what 4 stroking is. Those will help you dial in the jetting.

so something like a #76, #78, and #80? Should I get anything higher than #80?

No no...too much...read the last post. Only need to go up a few sizes if youre just adding a bullet exhaust. But yes, get a range for future upgrades, like 65, 68, 71, 74.

ah. i see. thanks

next problem is, where to get them? 1977 doesn't go under 70, treats hq doesn't have the right sizes (at least right now). Anyone know a good place to turn to?

junkyard says they have 48-70

http://www.themopedjunkyard.com/bingpuch.html

email treats, he probably has them

10-4. thanks

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account