WHY?!?!?

I think I know the answer already... what does a soft sieze feel/sound like? Just hours after getting my metrakit really tuned in, i am pretty sure she soft siezed. Cruising along at 3/4 throttle and 30 mph and then dead. After waiting a few seconds, I started it again. It started right up, so I ran it slowly the 2 blocks to get home. What do I do now? Am I partially screwed? or totally screwed?

Re: WHY?!?!?

open it up and look at your shit, if it looks good, its good. then make sure you are running a nice rich mix like 1:32, and a big jet for your set up.

Edward Richardson /

Don't forget that while you are primed and paranoid about "Seizing", Completely Different Shit can cause Same effect. I had a bad brand new Nippondenso spark plug strand me in a really dark elegant neighborhood where people were friendly and helpful. Weird I tell you! Check everything, trust no one.

Did it feel like the bike slammed the brakes for you? Then it was a soft seize. Choke and let her cool down then add oil till you can upjet.

how much was in the tank?

Sort of, it felt it jecrk and the engine cut dead. It didn't keep slowing down quickly as if the brakes were applied. I looked inside, and there looks to be a tiny scratch that runs parallel with the piston. It sdoesn't look any deeper tan some odf the honing crosshatching that is still in there.

The tank was 3/4 full. Is was not a gas issue. I was running 40:1 with standard 2 stroke penzoil. I upped it to 32:1 and it seems toi be running fine. I still need bigger jets though, hopefully treats will come through for me like always and I'll get them yesterday!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account