Non exsistant low end

So after installing my 65 metra kit on the freespirit with the 16.16 Del, I have noticed I have almost no low end power, even with the high compression head. It dosnt bog, but 4 strokes like crazy. Once it hits around 18-20mph it FLYS as the revs pop up. What could be needin of adjustin?

Re: Non exsistant low end

Brendan Chenelle /

Plug chop and see what you're jetting is like!

Also could be adjusting the mid range mix. I don't know about dell'orto, but i'd look at the needle setting on my bing.

agree. Mess with your needle settings. If this does not improve completely, investigate different idle jets and atomizers.

Could it possibly be an airleak too?

no needle on an SHA, air leaks are lean at idle and go rich when you top out, usually... i think you're looking at an ignition problem.

fish_SHARK /

might be jetted really high, do a plug chop and see

Did you adjust your timing?

Not since I installed the kit. but it was running in tune when I had the stock set up. I did a plug chop a couple of times, Its got blackness on it after a pull at WOT so I already know its rich, Im going to run it this way until I put about 400miles on. Revs fine on stand, with load is when It has issues at the bottom end.

fish_SHARK /

sounds like its just bogging due to the high jetting. though like you said its being broken in.

Non exsistant low end

I agree with Graham. My kit will wind out with a low load but climbing hills its doggy. I know thta my spark is weak and thats my problem. You also have a fat jet causing it to run rich but your problem is weak spark if I had to guess.

hmmm, if its a weak spark what would I need to replace to fix this? Maybe a new coil?

open your points slightly.

yeah check your timing and point gap.

i was dealing with similar symptoms recently - 4 stokey low end and then fast when it got up to speed - i thought it had to do with gas/air ratio so i spent a ton of time trying different jets and needle settings with no change at all in performance. today i opened the point gap a little and it took right off.

even if you haven't touched that area recently, a different cylinder affects the length of your stroke right? which will in turn effects timing? maybe not, but either way different cylinders seem to have their preferences.

stall the clutch

How much did you open your point gap by. I just got a new bosch super thinking it would fix the ultra slow start and the fact that i have to peddle up hills, but it didn't.

double checked for exhaust leaks?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account