how fast is your ped?

just thought i would start a topic where you could say what you have and its top speed

Re: how fast is your ped?

27 with a god wind behind me :P beet that

45 with a biturbo and airbox drilled

Moped Game Sally Struthers /

installed sealed bearings today added 2mph bringing the top speed to a sustained GPS confirmed 62mph. i think with a larger jet, a little more porting, perfect conditions, i think i can hit 65...on a 65 metra. that's the goal.

holy shit!

you have a drag ped lol

should i get a airsal or metra?

55 on a Moby. All day. At 3/4 throttle.

Not sure my crank and bearings can take much more. But...it probably has 60+ in it.

Magnum? not much more than 45-46.

Raymond Wright IV /

45mph (downhill)

(according to tomos speedo)

26/22 gearing

K&N filter

Tecnigas Next R Chrome

60 jet.

35 on a good day for my magnum with 70cc tccd kit and 14mm intake (still rockin' the 12mm carb...it sucks), and biturbo + racing filter.

70. Duh. Didnt you read the thread. That's with a real nice tailwind. Will hold a consistent 67 while I am till running 18x36.

45 flat ground (gps certified)

a55 70cc airsal kit

60 jet

bi-turbo

de-restricted air filter

26/22 sprockets

if you don't have gps don't post here.

freedomtommyftw

why?

because if you have no proof, well then you're a lier

my stock tomos streetmate goes 34 magellan gps told me and when i put 22 tooth sprocket on the back i got up to 36-37

a gps could be wrong too

actually, no, it cant be wrong.

that hurt

65mph

I'm sure it can be but the chances are low.

just as low as running stock tires and speedo

so btw did you have a tiny tach on there for that 70mph ride? by my count, you must have been running at least 13k rpms, no?

r u saying u don't believe my top speed

no tiny tach. I have one but havent hooked it up. 13000 sounds pretty high for 18x36 gearing, but I have no idea the math on that or any clue as to what my rpms may have been.

lol rather than do the math i'd build a super bike buy a tiny tac and a gps and read both when I was going 70mph

I promised rafter I would hook my tiny tach up and give him some results. Hopefully this week. I am waiting for my clutch to come cause mine is now totally toasted.

did someone say math.....

Not sure if it's a 1 speed or 2 speed, but here goes

On a puch e50 with 18 x 36 gearing with standard 17" tires would need around 10,800 rpms. Seems plausible to me. My ped would need about 5 miles to get up to that speed with that gearing, but it's possible.

Elliot, call someone and take a picture with your cell phone of both the tiny tach and the gps at 70 mph. Much safer :)

For the record, 13,00 rpms would get you 84.2 mph with the same setup, but I am pretty sure you'd catch fire or explode at that speed.

10,800 sounds doable. Now you guys really have me wanting to get my tiny tach working.

It's really hard to be in full tuck, fullthrottle, position and look down to see a gps, let alone take a picture of it, but I'll work something out.

dude, helmet cam(please tell me that at 70mph on a moped you have at least a helmet and hopefully full body armor) with gps/tiny tach attached to it. Then you don't have to look. Just tuck, let 'er rip and check the film!

I had a helmet on, and gloves, and a flannel. That was about the extent of my protection. It was on highway 1. Its really not that unstable or scary as everyone makes it seem, but maybe I am just stupid and shit like that doesnt seem to bother you after you crash a motorcycle going 85.

It was GPS'ed but I didnt have a tiny tach at the time. Helmet cams tend to be junk, and i doubt it would be focused enough to read the tiny numbers on the GPS and tiny tach. But who knows.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account