70cc kits for puch maxi

so im trying to decide between the 70cc athena kit or 70cc TCCD kit, which would everyone recommend, also, whichever kit i end up getting, will i just be able to bolt it right up?

Re: 70cc kits for puch maxi

tccd for beginners, Athena for insane speeds but you need to know a bit about tuning for the Athena to not blow up

get the Polini 64 instead.

70cc kits for puch maxi

Get a 64cc Polini and get a proper port job, that should be much better than any bolt on 70cc kit in my opinion.

The 70cc tccd seems dissapoing from what I've heard about it. 64cc polini is solid, it was my fist kit, and if you read up on how not to sieze it, it's an easy mod.

metrakit is bullet proof.

athena 70cc kit is great,with the 17mm amal carb its easy to tune ,i love my athena kit! i have been putting lots of long hard miles on mine .

polini 64cc kit is the fastest but it has the highest failure rate of all the kits.and its not just bolt up ,you must case match.

If your talking Piston Port. The Athena is more reliable, but the TCCD is faster. If your including the Athena AJH Reedvalve kit its a no contest. I think its the fastest cylinder without opening up the case to fit. Hands down. The other Athena Reedvalve kit, I have no idea.

reed don't only mean faster. there are some MEAN piston port engines out there. no matter what you buy, you will be blasting if you really know how to tune. just because people have "gone faster" on certain kits, doesn't mean you can't make a different one faster.

I'm running a Athena kit with a 15mm bing and I get into the high 40's whenever I want

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account