Playdoh and case matching

If your gonna do case matching without cracking the case I would suggest that you go to toys R us and buy a can of Playdoh and pack it over the crank and make sure you have a good seal against the case. After you case match it you can then spray carb cleaner on the playdoh and the metal chips will come right off with no negative effects to the doh. From there you can just pull out the playdoh and throw it away. Works like a charm. You should really crack the case tho.

Re: Playdoh and case matching

Wax works as well. Stuff some newspaper or whatnot in there then melt the wax on top.

refried beans

poop

I'm so ashamed of my self for laughing at that

do portin your selfs???

I matched a case to a metra with it and it was quick and easy. Didnt react weird to the carb cleaner and cost about 1 dollar. Its quicker, cleaner and safer for your engine than most of the other ways of packing the case I have been reading about.

i used some generic walgreens fun doh on my first one and it did work pretty well

Wow. That's a great idea. Shit. I can't believe I've never thought of that.

Well, I've gotten pretty good at flushing cases with oil and gas by now after my shitty case stuffing techniques have worked only 75% as well as they should.

Play doh. Awesome.

Next time.

yes, wax seemed to find ways into every crevice despite my safety wall of old socks and duct tape.

be sure and clean out the bearing lubrication hole really well if you case match without splitting the case.

duct work puddy works good too

known as monkey shit in the trades

it's really not that hard to crack the case, though, if that's all you're doing . . . i mean you have to remove the stator plate, which means you have to do your timing again, but that's like, the only tricky part . . . everything else is just unscrewing bolts and tapping lightly with a mallet

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

Depends on the motor. e50=easy. za50=a little harder. Chappy motor=stupid.

I wish I had known.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

tried out the play-doh today, and it was like the easiest thing ever. Worked perfectly! Best tip in a long time.

Nice.

Zack, I'm telling Gabe to do this on Risha's Motobecane. It has the Parma, but runs shitty. Time to case match. I wish I'd known about the Playdoh before I did my Polini and Parma. No problems so far, but I got a lot of shavings in the case which I had to flush 8 or 9 times with oil and gas.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account