Sachs G3 speed kit

Hi everyone, so ive finally got my sachs g3 running pretty well and looking nice and clean so i think its about time to move my posts from the general forum to here, because its time to get serious about PERFORMANCE! that is my favorite 12 letter word right now, and kinda the only subject i can think about! so here it goes...so far ive removed the baffle from my exhaust and ordered a 12 tooth sprocket...im seriously looking at putting in an order for the athena 70cc speed kit but am wondering if the lack of an aftermarket exhaust will negate any performance! gains i can expect out of the kit...also can my stock bing carb work with the athena? finally any DIY mods are also very welcome, thanks all for listening!

Re: Sachs G3 speed kit

still can get exhaust in holland. speedkits cost about 200 bucks for the 70cc and some non reed valve 80cc. also need the header pipe and they are out there.

any idea where i can find this exhaust...or what it is called?

What kind of motor do you have? I have the 504 on my sparta and I modified a tomos Bi-turbo to fit. Im guessing your gonna have to replace the exhaust and intake since the kit will have a different bolt pattern and yes you will want at least a 15mm carb for a 70cc kit and you will deffinately want a pipe to really use a 70cc kit. Where are you getting the kit from?

Yes! muahahahaha where? i wanna know too!!

i have a 505 D engine, i heard somewhere about flipping the intake around...what does that mean?

The intake manifold on the "D" cylinder can be installed backwards so that the carb hands off the front of the engine, rather than above the clutch housing, this will allow you to use a larger carb as the cut-out on the engine case is only big enough for that 12mm square bing.

BTW, Where did you find the 70cc kit? I haven't been able to find them anywhere for Sachs.

i think this is it...

http://www.mopedshop.com/Sachs-moped-70cc-Athena-Bore-Kit-p/4900.htm

says they are sold out but at least they exist!!!

zweirad-discount.com look under hercules tuning

ah weird, the link wouldn't take me there- there is one for the peugeot speedflight? that says it can also be used on a sachs hercules...

I fabbed up a BiTurbo exhaust for a Tomos a35 on the Sachs. its fits pretty well just gotta make a bracket(10 minutes tops, if you have the right tools.) Also ive heard a Motobecane rear wheel will work with the Sachs. It comes with different sprocket and sealed bearings. Hope this helps! happy DIYing

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account